Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrattML70
Reel Rookie

Roku Goes Back to Home Screen 100 seconds after starting 1st and only 1st channel selected

I am using a Roku StreamBar Pro - Model 9101R2 - Software Version: 11.5.0 - build 4312-95

Upon initial powerup, I select one of the channels and the channel starts after a short period (a few seconds).  Approximately 100 seconds later (plus or minus 5 seconds) the TV is has returned to the Home Screen.  If I select the same channel or another channel the 2nd selection and all future selections within this power session work perfectly.  If I power down the TV and Roku, the next time I power them up, the issue has returned for the 1st channel selection only.

I have tried restarting the Roku immediately prior to a power up, but it does not fix the problem.

No matter when (time of day) I try this or the channel selected, it always occurs after 100 seconds.

Thanks,   Mike Pratt

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Goes Back to Home Screen 100 seconds after starting 1st and only 1st channel selected

@PrattML70

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have these details, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renwick530

Re: Roku Goes Back to Home Screen 100 seconds after starting 1st and only 1st channel selected

I have the same issue. It happens every day when I first start watching TV for the day. It does not matter which app I launch either. The app will crash back to the Roku home screen within 30-90 seconds of launching. I can then re-launch the same app, which will work all day long without issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@renwick530

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PrattML70
Reel Rookie

Here is the reply that I emailed on 12/17/2022:

After completing the testing yesterday which is detailed below, I thought of another test that might help.

Today, I powered on the Roku Soundbar Pro and my TV and DID NOT select a channel to watch.  I left the Roku on the Home page for more than 100 seconds before selecting a channel.  The channel DID NOT returned to the Home page.  I repeated this process of (1) Power cycle Roku & TV, (2) Wait more than 100 seconds on Home Page, and (3) Select on of the channels that I tested yesterday, see below.  None of the channels returned to the Home page.  This means that none of the channels software could be causing the issue.

Thanks,

Michael L Pratt

0 Kudos
PrattML70
Reel Rookie

Here is my email reply from 12/16/2022:

Here is the information you requested.

Roku device model:                9101R2 – Roku Streambar Pro

Serial Number:                        YL005V831813

Device ID:                                3K61D5831813

Software Version:                   11.5.0 – Build 4312-95

I currently have 33 channels on the Home page.  To the best of my knowledge this issue happens on all of the channels if that channel was selected immediately after a power cycle.  I have my Home page configured with the most used channels at the top of the page.  I test the issue with the top 6 of the channels individually to eliminate a single channel software being the cause.

Here are the results for the 6 tests performed:

Issue report tracker

Model: 9101R2 – Roku Streambar Pro

Serial number: YL005V831813 (3K61D5831813)

Software version: 11.5.0 – build 4312-95

Timestamp: <<See below for individual test timestamp>>

YouTube TV

Version 2.22 – Build 110005571

Issue ID:  13-503-955

Timestamp:  2022-12-16T23:15:11Z

The Roku Channel

Version 8.0 – Build 72

Issue ID:  13-503-959

Timestamp:  2022-12-16T23:19:07Z

Prime Video

Version 14.1 – Build 2022120820

Issue ID:  13-503-961

Timestamp:  2022-12-16T23:21:48Z

Disney Plus

Version 1.26 – Build 2022120800

Issue ID:  13-503-961

Timestamp:  2022-12-16T23:21:48Z

HBO Max

Version 14.1 – Build 2022120820

Issue ID:  13-503-964

Timestamp:  2022-12-16T23:24:55Z

STARZ on The Roku Channel

Version 8.0 – Build 72

Issue ID:  13-503-982

Timestamp:  2022-12-16T23:42:21Z

For you information, the Roku Steambar Pro is wired into a network switch which is directly connect to the Spectrum cable modem.  Wireless communication is not used for my TV streaming.

Let me know if any additional testing is needed.

Thanks,

Michael L Pratt

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that replying to email notifications from the Roku Community do not post to the Community as the email notifications are no-reply.

If you are replying to a post or need to send information, we would recommend replying/sending a PM from within the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Goes Back to Home Screen immediately

Hello RokuDanny:

My TV keeps going back to Home Screen; I am unable to stream all apps except Netflix; specifically

Acorn Version 4.11;   Apple TV Version 13.0;   HBOMax Version 52.55;     PBS Version 5.3

Model 50S535:    SERIAL# X0030004H3M6;     DEVICE #S05MY134H3M6;  SOFTWARE VERSION: 11.5.0

I was unable to find the tracker ID, but I hope the issue can be resolved with the above info.

0 Kudos