Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carter2074
Channel Surfer

Netflix App is Crashing AGAIN

Once again Netflix has started crashing after 60 to 90 seconds of use.  I have a TCL Roku TV model# 50S421. I have cleared the cache. I have checked for software updates. I have removed the app, then unplugged the TV for 10 minutes, then restarted the TV, cleared the cache and check for updates, then after doing all that reinstall the Netflix app and it's still happening. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix App is Crashing AGAIN

Hello! @Carter2074,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are sorry you are having issues with the Netflix channel. As you have gone through troubleshooting steps and confirmed that your Roku device is up to date and all other channels are usually working, we’ll need to get you in touch with the channel publisher directly for further assistance. Please contact them directly to follow up and tell them what troubleshooting steps you’re already attempted.  

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.  

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carter2074
Channel Surfer

I contacted Netflix the prior two times that this has happened and every time they said this was a known Roku software/firmware issue. They said the Netflix app works on Roku as it would on any other device. It works on my tablet and laptop with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Netflix suggested that I simply cast it to my Roku TV.

If that's the case what's the point of even having Roku? I can just get some cheapo off brand TV with Wi-Fi and cast it directly to that? I've seriously reached my limit with Roku and their lack of customer service and dismissive attitude towards problems like this.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carter2074,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Netflix channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carter2074
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku TV model# 50S421

Hardware ID C111X

Serial number: X00000S9X33R

Software: 12.0.0 build 4182-93

Device ID: S042V069X332

Carter2074
Channel Surfer

It's only occurs on Netflix. I have no issues with any other channel. Sometimes if I clear the cache first this will prevent it from happening but I don't think I should have to clear the cache every time to watch Netflix.

I can't get a trouble ID because the whole system freezes up when this happens. I have to either unplug the TV or constantly press the home button over and over for several minutes to get back to the main screen.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carter2074,

Thanks for keeping us posted and providing the information.

We would be more than happy to assist you further regarding this. In addition, we'll pass your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team so they can investigate the issue further once the Tracker ID is available. This can be obtained by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs.

We'll wait for your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carter2074
Channel Surfer

AGAIN,  the tracker ID is not available BECAUSE THE SYSTEM FREEZES AND DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE. I do not know how to make that any clearer. The system freezes, does not respond, and eventually after 3-5 minutes it reboots and goes back to the home screen. From there, if I push home 5 times then back 5 times, the TV just powers off.

Tmcanup

I am having the same issue. After about 60 seconds of viewing, it cuts off to the home screen. This issue has just started happening over the past week or so. This really pisses me off. A little weird that this is the only app doing this and that it comes at a very critical moment in history. Is Roku censoring? I have done the restart. I have done the remove and reinstall...still keeps cutting out. I will get rid of Roku if this continues.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tmcanup,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We regret any difficulties this may have caused you. No worries. The appropriate Roku team would be more than willing to investigate this issue further and fix it as soon as possible. Kindly provide us the following details below so that we can forward this to our team effectively:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (This can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. What version/build is the app/channel? (This can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button.)
  3. Tracker ID (When this issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.