Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NHL App will not start up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @Jgfernandez1,

If you're having the same issue, Please perform a channel reboot by removing the channel, performing a system restart, and adding the channel back. This should fix minor playback issues with the channel. In cases where this does not help, as per recommendation, please ask for additional troubleshooting steps with the provider or inquire with them further, as this issue may be known on their end.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At 21:16 GMT, I received a response from the NHL regarding my earlier message reaching out to them. They have stated:

"A new NHL app for Roku is now available to download"

NOTE: I have not tested this new app, as I do not have access to my device at the moment. If anyone on this thread gets to try it and has success, it would be a nice gesture to post and let everyone know.

0 Kudos
vanblarcom

Jump to solution

Not working on mine either as of 29/10/23

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @vanblarcom,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps on our support page to see if it helped resolve the issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If you can still not play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link, videos from other channels play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we appreciate your patience with us in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cruisinlife88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As of 10/30/23, still not working, although I notice there are 2 NHL apps available to install now: the light NHL logo (which is the one I am having issue with) and a dark NHL logo. I installed them both and although the dark logo app works, it is sluggish getting content (I have gig service) and it does not show scores like the light logo app did. 

I have submitted a troubleshooting form to the NHL site using the link provided in this thread. I will try to update this thread if I hear anything back. 

TCL Roku TVt start up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

L'application NHL ne démarre pas sur TCL Roku TV...... j ai essayer plusieur mesures

joshbouchard.66@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Cruisinlife88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

According to the response I got the new app is the dark logo. I did inform them that I don't particularly care for the current iteration - no scores! 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@vanblarcomand @joshbouchard , if you're not in the US you may be out of luck.  I only see the "black" app in the US channel store and many have reported that the "white" app no longer works.  Contact NHL support and let them know about the situation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hkypuk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I dont understand what has happened to the NHL app…was great last season for posting game recaps and highlights, but now that all went away.  I deleted app on Roku and then attempted to add it back, but I’m getting message that it “cannot be configured”….c’mon man, this is ridiculous and embarrassment to both the nhl and Roku

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hkypuk,

We understand that you're having issues with this channel. However, since this may be an isolated issue, we'll really recommend you reach out to the provider directly and inquire further about the channel's functionality. This issue may also be known to them, so they may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.