Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denise9
Binge Watcher

My 32" TV refuses connection to wi-fi even after Factory reset everything

Jump to solution

For a week I've had no wi-fi connection. I tried everything and I know what I'm doing. I finally used factory reset on everything. Still no connection. I'm pretty upset. I didn't want to have to do that but was my only choice. It didn't work. What else can I do?  The set recognize all wi-fi codes but will not connect to the modem I have used for nearly two years.  : ( .. is there anyone ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HellBound
Streaming Star

Re: My 32" TV refuses connection to wi-fi even after Factory reset everything

Jump to solution

WiFi Tips:

• WiFi signals fall better than they climb so it is better to have the device(s) providing WiFi as high as you can get like on a second floor or attic.
  • Being too close to the device(s) providing WiFi can put you in a dead spot due to the way the antennas work. It is recommended being at least 10 feet away from the device.
  • 2.4 GHz vs. 5 GHz:
    • 2.4 GHz: Speeds are slower than 5 GHz, but will travel over longer distances and travel trough walls and floors better. 2.4 GHz signals can be negatively affected by Microwaves and older cordless phones.
    • 5 GHz: Speeds are faster than 2.4 GHz, but will only travel over shorter distances. The signal works better "Line of Site" and does not travel trough walls or floors very well.
  • WiFi SSIDs: Both your 2.4 and 5 GHz networks should each have a unique name. Naming them the same will cause connectivity issues. This goes for any WiFi extenders you might have as well.
  • WiFi devices often have bandwidth and connection limits. Too many IoT devices or end-users can congest a WiFi network. You should consider how many things will connect to WiFi and purchase devices that meet your needs.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Denise9,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern regarding network issues. We would be more than glad to assist, and we'll need more information. What Roku device are you using? Also, have you tried restarting your router to see if the issue persists?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Denise9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for your assistance @Kash 

The model ref. #32H4030F3 unfortunately I didn't register my device after buying. (Idk if that's of relevance) also the serial # on back of my device #32G21186VH06060

Denise9

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Denise9,

Thanks for the update!

We really appreciate the additional details about this. We see that troubleshooting has already been applied to this case.

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any differences?

If there's no improvement. We suggest reaching out directly to the TV manufacturer's support team and seeing what they can do to help you out with this.

You can contact them here: Hisense Roku TV Support.

Keep us posted on what you find out!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Denise9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for assistance.

My Hisense Roku is not responding. I tried reaching out to Hisense. Unfortunately TV still unresponsive connection. 

Denise9

0 Kudos
Denise9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To @Ray my provider does not have Hot spot. I tried multiple apps but they also need wifi . I am checking out some new Roku TV'S. Thanks for assistance. I'm appreciate your support but I'm still having connection issues. Thanks again

Denise 9

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Denise9,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are still having issues connecting your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Please provide us with more details. 

• What do you see on your screen when trying to connect to your network? (before putting the network credentials)
  • What error message/code are you getting after trying to connect to your network?
  • How far is your device from your network router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Denise9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
  • The router is below me . I'm on the second floor in the bedroom.  I am right below it. I was able to connect briefly last night but my device needs update. So it didn't work.  What can I get to make it connect ? I must need something to make it connect and stay connected ? 

IMG_20230730_130238454.jpg

IMG_20230730_130337193_HDR.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Denise9,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku TV since it will not connect to the internet. Help is here. Please try to restart your router, including your Roku TV. To restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart. If the problem still persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps, we suggest contacting the internet service provider since this code means your Roku device is connected to the router but not able to connect to the internet.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Denise9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
  • @John  I appreciate your help but I've tried each step more than once. I have always had to deal with connection disruption., But this time I need more than connection, my TV connected briefly last night and needed to update but it doesn't update. It's so frustrating!! I'm ready to throw it out the window! 
0 Kudos