Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna4
Reel Rookie

scrolls through the videos so fast I can't click on one to watch.

I have been watching Family Affair on Roku channel. For the past week when I scroll to find it I hit the arrow button once like I always have and it just shoots through several video choices. If I scroll up and down it does the same. If it is not set to land on the show I want to watch I can't watch it. It happens on both my TVs with the roku channel. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: scrolls through the videos so fast I can't click on one to watch.

Hi @Deanna4,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • IP Address (from whatismyip.com).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • When did they start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

@Deanna4 Your remote buttons may be getting stuck or are worn out. Also, IR Signals from the remote can be negatively affected be a light or sunlight glares. If it is happening on two devices and only on the Roku channel then the remote might not be the issue, but it may be worth it to try a new remote. You can get them on Amazon for around $10 and they work out of the box, no need to pair with your TV.

Other things to try:

• Go to Settings > System > Software Update and check for an update.

or

• Uninstall the Roku Channel, reboot, and install it again.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Deanna4
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I will try these things. 

0 Kudos