Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two of four Inoperable TVs

Jump to solution

Highly disappointed with my Roku TVs.  I've purchased four Roku TVs over the past three years, and two out of four have completely shut down and are no longer operable. I have lost total confidence and found Roku TVs to be unreliable, which demonstrates Roku's reputation for delivering quality products is less than favorable.

Highly Disappointed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Two of four Inoperable TVs

Jump to solution

Hi, @josephthomas65

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you are experiencing an issue with two out of your four Roku TVs, and we're here to know more and see how we can assist. 

Could you please confirm if you're having issues with a Roku TV, which is manufactured by a partner, or a Roku Branded TV (Roku TV Select or Roku TV Plus)? For Roku TVs manufactured by a Roku TV partner, the Roku TV logo will typically be in the bottom corner of the TV.

For more detailed information about how to determine the difference between a Roku branded TV and a Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How to know if you have a Roku TV

If you're encountering an issue with your Roku TV manufactured by a Roku partner, start by contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. Each TV manufacturer provides direct support for their TV models. 

For support regarding Roku TVs manufactured by a partner (Onn, TCL, Hisense, etc), please visit our support page: Where can I get support for my Roku TV™?

We hope to hear back from you so we can assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have read so many complaints about issues people have with Roku TVs. The operating system seems to be defective and full of issues. I would never suggest buying a Roku TV, get any other kind of TV and just purchase a Roku player separately and connect it to one of the HDMI inputs if you like using Roku.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@josephthomas65 Unless you bought one of those TVs within the last year or so, they were not manufactured by Roku. Roku only recently began manufacturing TVs themselves, so any other TVs were built by someone else. You can't blame Roku for the quality control of those TVs. 

If you do have a Roku TV manufactured by Roku, then you have a valid concern that they should address. But any other Roku TV you would need to contact the manufacturer of that TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes you CAN blame Roku if those TVs malfunction because the terrible operating system is crashing and not working properly. The fact that the TV itself was manufactured by someone else is a nice little loophole for Roku to absolve themselves of all responsibility.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can't blame Roku if it's hardware related. Without knowing for certain, you can't blame the OS, although it's certainly a possibility. The OP doesn't really provide enough detail, such as the brand, but a completely non-functional TV sounds more like a hardware issue.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @josephthomas65

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you are experiencing an issue with two out of your four Roku TVs, and we're here to know more and see how we can assist. 

Could you please confirm if you're having issues with a Roku TV, which is manufactured by a partner, or a Roku Branded TV (Roku TV Select or Roku TV Plus)? For Roku TVs manufactured by a Roku TV partner, the Roku TV logo will typically be in the bottom corner of the TV.

For more detailed information about how to determine the difference between a Roku branded TV and a Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How to know if you have a Roku TV

If you're encountering an issue with your Roku TV manufactured by a Roku partner, start by contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. Each TV manufacturer provides direct support for their TV models. 

For support regarding Roku TVs manufactured by a partner (Onn, TCL, Hisense, etc), please visit our support page: Where can I get support for my Roku TV™?

We hope to hear back from you so we can assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.