Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wintermute2_0
Channel Surfer

Max: Can't Rewind or Fast Forward

I started having this problem on my TCL TV a few weeks ago. I figured that it was an app bug that would be fixed with an update. But even after the app was updated a couple days ago, the problem persists. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max: Can't Rewind or Fast Forward

Hi @wintermute2_0,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would like to know more about this issue. To better understand, could you tell us more about this? Is this an isolated case for a specific channel? What are the steps that led you to this behavior? What are the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far in trying to resolve this?

With a better understanding of this, we'll be able to provide a strong suggestion.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonros93
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. If I rewind, the show freezes and I can’t watch. Then I have to close the app. And when I come back, the episode starts all over. So in basic words, you cant rewind.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jonros93!

Worry no more, as we will be more than willing to assist you as best as possible.

As we checked, you have multiple Roku-branded TVs linked to your account. Does this happen to all of them? If not, kindly specify which TV you are having this issue with. 

Nonetheless, have you tried the primary troubleshooting method by removing the app, performing a system reboot, and re-installing it to see if it will make any difference? If not, we highly suggest so. 

Please try to remove the channel by navigating to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." After doing so, try restarting your TV from Settings > System > Power > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again.

We look forward to your update and are more than willing to help you with this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos