Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

Hi @StevenCee,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you tried performing a system restart on the device and then trying again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

Same issue on all my TCL Roku TVs.

• Using Local zip code.
  • Time on the main screen is always correct.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Power on the TV
  2. Select Live TV
  3. Guide loads to the current station playing in the background, then quickly changes to the top of the guide (Very Annoying). It is also displays the correct time.
  4. Select a channel to watch.
  5. After a few minutes I open the guide again and the time will be a hour to several hours in the future.

It seams like every Roku update comes with unnecessary guide feature updates that create more bugs.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HellBound,

We will be more than happy to assist you regarding this issue that you're experiencing. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that are provided by @RokuTakashi?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

Yes I have tried those steps and it does not help. I recently replaced our living room TV with a larger one. It are newest on an it has the issue. The one that was replaced was unplugged for two weeks before we mounted it in another room at it still has the issue as well.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HellBound,

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue? Do you have an antenna that is plugged in at the back of your TV? When does this issue persist?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

Yes the TV has an antenna attached to the TV. I already stated what the issue is and I have found others having the same issue. The issue is the guide does not recognize the current time and will display hours ahead and prevents you from scrolling back to older guide data.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuJohnBAnd I have a similar problem as his, but when I turn on the TV, the Guide is stuck where it was just before I last turned it off!  So it could be several to many hour behind the current time!  And even when I click on a couple stations, both streamed and over the air, it still shows the older times, sometimes for up to 30 minutes or more, other times it will adjust in maybe 5 minutes. This is obviously a bug on your end, as different users are having this issue, and using different brands of TV, etc.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HellBound @StevenCee,

Please be advised that Smart Guide is an electronic program guide that is available anytime you watch an "over-the-air" movie or TV show on the Live TV input. When launched, Smart Guide fills your screen with details about the current program and a grid showing available channels and the content airing on each channel. Move up and down the grid to different channels and left and right to browse various titles. Upcoming programs can be viewed 7 days in advance, and programs that have already aired can be browsed 7 days in the past. As you highlight each title, details change to show you more information that may include a description of the program, TV rating, subtitles, and the Freeview Play More Ways to Watch indicator (designated by a small asterisk or star).

You can also check out this support article on how to find TV schedules using Smart Guide on my Roku TV.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

You are incorrect. You cannot access past data. If I move to the right I can access multiple days of data. If I move left I can only go back to the current guide time. For example at the time of writing this it is 4:20 PM. I cannot scroll back further than 4:00 PM. When the guide displays the wrong time, lets say 6:30 PM, I cannot scroll past 6:00 PM even though it it really 4:20 PM.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HellBound,

Thanks for the additional information and posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that those times listed in your channel guide are different from what you are seeing. We're happy to assist. Please try these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Zip Code and enter your zip code.
  5. Press OK to update the zip code.

If the problem still persists, please try to unplug your device for 5–10 minutes before plugging the Roku back in.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.