Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rmb23
Reel Rookie

Less than 2yo 70” Onn Roku TV stopped working

Hi. My tv started acting up a couple of months where it will go black while watching on Prime, but sound is still going. Now it wont show anything on screen at all! I did the reset steps and used a flashlight, it does look like the backlight might be out. Is there anything else that can be done or is it now trash?

13 REPLIES 13
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Less than 2yo 70” Onn Roku TV stopped working

Hi @Rmb23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku TV and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

• Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Video or all channels on your Roku device? If the issue happens on one channel, have you tried removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.
  • Have you tried to restart your Roku TV by going to Settings > System > and unplugging your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rmb23
Reel Rookie

Too late for that it would turn on but screen is all black. Tried unplugging, resetting multiple times

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Rmb23 

Thanks for following up. 

To clarify, have you tried to unplug the TV  from the power source and rest it for 10 - 15 minutes? Have there been any recent changes made to your Roku TV setup or setting?

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Rmb23
Reel Rookie

I did unplug-plug waited 10mins multiple times. I didnt change the tv set up but we did plug a new retro game console. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Rmb23 

Thanks for following up. 

For troubleshooting purposes, could you try to unplug the game console from your Roku TV and see if there's any difference? This way we can isolate the cause of the issue. 

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Guntryboi

My 79in is doing the same it's stuck on a rdio app screen. Haven't had it two years.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Guntryboi.

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We recognize that you are having troubles with accessing channels on your Roku TV and we're here to help you find the best resolution.

Located on the back or bottom of your Roku TV, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

Refer to this link for further details: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

If the issue still persists, feel free to message us back.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nahele55
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem and it started about a week and a half ago. Tried all of the suggested fixes (unplugging, reset, factory reset, hard reset). When I try the reset, the tv doesn’t automatically turn back on so I’m not sure if the full update is going through. Several streaming services affected. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @Nahele55,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information.

• Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents/channels or is this isolated to specific content/channel?

Please keep us posted what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos