Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annamelise

Just upgraded OS to 12.0.0 - build 4182-A9: Audio Presets Not Available Since

• I have not had any issues with changing TV sound settings until now. On all channels, I run into the same issue; I press the “  *  “ button on the remote to bring up the TV settings, scroll to Sound mode which is defaulted to “Speech”. Above the title are the words: “Only default preset available”.
  • It does seem that this has happened to others during the OS 11.0 upgrade (last year). Not certain what the repair was.
  • I own a Westinghouse model: 

WR58UX4019

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: Just upgraded OS to 12.0.0 - build 4182-A9: Audio Presets Not Available Since

Hi @Annamelise
Welcome to the Roku Community! We're sorry to hear about the experience. This is not what we aim for.
We'd like to know how we can help you. Can you send us a screenshot of the issue you're having so that we can investigate further and give you a solution regarding your issue?
We're looking forward to hearing back from you so we can give further assistance.

All the best,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lynchwt
Reel Rookie

Re: Just upgraded OS to 12.0.0 - build 4182-A9: Audio Presets Not Available Since

Are any questions ever answered here? I have the same problem. Normal as only choice with a locked icon with message "Only default preset available." Sound also is erratic and often cuts out.

0 Kudos
lynchwt
Reel Rookie

Sound options disappeared

I have a Hisense Roku Tv with attached Roku soundbar and speakers. The audio options have disappeared. If I press * and go to Sound Settings, the Sound Mode is locked as Normal with "Only default preset available." The system is up to date and resetting the audio options does nothing. For high quality streaming content, the audio is erratic and freezes up while the video continues. It makes it unusable, except with headphones.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound options disappeared

Hi @lynchwt,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I get that you are no longer seeing the option for sound mode in your Hisense Roku TV. No worries, I will be more than willing to assist you with this concern.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the details below.

System restart your Roku TV:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

How to change sound settings: 

You can adjust sound settings from the Options menu when watching a movie, TV show, music, Bluetooth® audio, or content from an external device (e.g., Blu-ray player, cable set-top box, game console) connected to your Roku TV system.

1. Start streaming or playing your content
  2. Press Star on your Roku remote
  3. Select Advanced Sound Settings or Sound settings
  4. Choose your sound mode or change your sound settings
  5. When you're done, press Back until the menu is closed.

Note: You may not be able to change sound settings in some situations while streaming. Use the Roku mobile app to adjust sound settings instead.

How to change sound settings in the Roku mobile app:

1. In the Roku mobile app, tap Devices
  2. Select your Roku device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Select Sound settings
  5. Choose your sound mode or change your sound settings

The sound mode and sound setting changes are immediately applied.

Please let me know if these troubleshooting steps process will help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lynchwt
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this did not work. Both through the remote and the app, the options remained locked.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @lynchwt.

We appreciate your taking the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuRiamie-D and are sorry to hear that your issue persists.

We'd be more than happy to look into this further. For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• What is your device's OS version? (Settings System About.)
  • Were you able to control them before, and if so, when did you notice this change?
  • Can you provide screenshots of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend now checking for a manual update by navigating to Home Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best.,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lynchwt
Reel Rookie

I think I quoted what the message was directly. I don't have a way to screenshot my TV. I also already mentioned that it was upgraded to the latest setting. It is listed as 13.1.4 build 1510-94.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.