Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anna8
Channel Surfer

Re: Recovery loop TCL 50" Roku

Jump to solution

I think that the issue is because of software. There is no updates for this models any more. Mine TV worked for 6 months and I had a warranty and proof of purchase. After two times the  technician visited me, I was able to replace the unit for a different model and now it works with no issues.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Recovery loop TCL 50" Roku

Jump to solution

Hello @rakeshmishra36

I apologize for the delay in response.

If you are experiencing Recovery loop on your Roku TV, we would recommend contacting the TV manufacturer. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sdnethery

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

Just today our tv was in the never ending recovery mode loop.  I worked trying different recommended methods for 7 hours!  Finally I completely unplugged my internet equipment and REMOVED the cord from the tv.  Let it sit for about 10 minutes.  Plugged up the tv (leaving all my internet equipment still unplugged).  TV came on and loaded!  I went in settings and did a complete factory reset then plugged my internet back up.  It worked!!  Maybe it will work for you. 

0 Kudos
Vyper33

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

Some of the suggested fixes work temporarily but it is not a long term solution.  This is a hardware issue or a firmware issues that can not be fixed onsite.  I had to call TCL and they sent a technician out to replace the motherboard.   My TV 75R623 had just past its 12 month (13 months from purchase) warranty but they honored it due to the pandemic.

It took 7 days after I called support for the tech to come to my home.  The tech called me when he received the replacement motherboard and came the very next day.   

0 Kudos
Mya122

Jump to solution

What’s the number ?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mya122,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

For future reference, here's how you can locate Roku TV support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Floyd888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. THIS IS MADDENING. After having turned off my TV the night before. I woke up to a purple screen saying Recovery Mode - - didn't have time to address the matter so I unplugged the TV. Approximately two and a half hours later I return home, plug the TV back in; it went to recovery mode. Then Googled the situation only to find that there are THOUSANDS of owners who have the same complaint. Watched some YouTube videos on pressing in the reset button for 20 seconds - - 30 seconds - then unplugging the TV while the reset button is press in, then waiting for 30 minutes, then plugging back in while you have the reset button pushed in. TRIED THIS ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES WITH NO SUCCESS. Then tried some more methods, some of which were deemed a "soft" reset - - DIDN'T WORK. Re-set my WIFI modem, unplugged and plugged back in my ethernet cable. DIDN'T WORK. NOTHING WORKS. I thought I would try going through recovery mode process, so I did - - it took me to where the TV shuts off and restarts - - THEN GOES BACK TO RECOVERY MODE!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I've had this TV a little over two years!!!!!!!. The smart TV I had before that (a different brand) - - I had less than two years and replaced it with this one. So that's what consumers are expected to do these days? Plan on spending $500 every two years for a new TV because they're only gonna last for two years???????? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!! 

Tricia1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Floyd888 I 100% agree with that but it seems that’s what our technology is. A way for the rich to get richer. By making things so they only last so long before you HAVE TO replace them. Sad but true. I replaced mine and I’m squirreling back money for when this one stops functioning so I can replace it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Floyd888 @Tricia1983

Thanks for the post.

If your Roku TV is in Recovery Mode, have you tried performing a factory reset on your TV to see if that helps?

For more information about how to factory reset your TV, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend reaching out to your Roku TV manufacturer to see if they can provide further insight. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Floyd888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried resetting it dozens of times and it keeps going back to the Recovery Mode. 

0 Kudos