Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danymed7

Re: Device is unresponsive - Alexa App Stopped Working May 2021

Jump to solution

yesterday i lost the alexa function on my tv also a TCL, even tried the factory reset but nothing.

0 Kudos
ChristopherNYC
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

What all of you are reporting about your TCL Roku TV losing connection and not re-linking to your Echo device is EXACTLY the same thing that happened to me on (MAY 30, 2021). I've been awake all night trying to solve the problem and I'm exhausted today! This is a huge problem with many people! What can be done! Maybe we have to call TCL and/or Roku Customer Service tomorrow June 1, 2021 after today's holiday is over...

0 Kudos
Boogeyman

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

Same here with my TCL Roku. Alexa echo and echo dot will not operate my two Roku TVs since yesterday afternoon. I don't show an update for a month though even though it was checked may 30,2021 it's it does daily. I am thinking it is going to be with Amazon since I see several different tv brands but who knows. Could be Rokus side as well. Who the **bleep** knows. 

Who ever is at fault WE ALL will be needing refunds if you cant back your products advertised features! Minor update programming error so fix it quickly already

!

0 Kudos
Boogeyman

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

YouTube app/channel was removed from mine as well. I went to settings and add apps and re-added YouTube.

But since the removal on their side they may have bugged their programming because now everyone is experiencing troubles with Alexa saying Roku TVs are offline or it's not responding. Hopefully they get that fixed pretty soon. 

Personally I'm just glad my new tv isn't going out.

0 Kudos
Boogeyman

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

It's not you going crazy for sure. Seems that thousands of people are experiencing this same problem as of yesterday. Hopefully they fix it soon or we will have to do something drastic like USE THE REMOTE again! 😂

sharmander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well it’s not that I’m lazy but we got an echo show for my mother in law who has Alzheimer’s and it’s perfect to control from my phone so I can switch apps from my phone for her when I run to the store and to check on her. This feature was immensely perfect for my situation. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are currently investigating this issue. Once we received an update or feedback, we'll let the Community know immediately.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Ksjailer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update.

0 Kudos
DavidS1961
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m afraid I will get gangrene in my thumb if it have to start using it again. Probably have to have it amputated and only watch one channel. 😜

0 Kudos
JeffSloan
Channel Surfer

Alexa Roku Skill "We were unable to link Roku at this time" for last two days.

Jump to solution

I have 5 Rokus of various types, sticks, built in tvs, etc.
All stopped working with Alexa yesterday.

Alexa's instructions were to unlink the skill, and relink.
Well, that doesn't work at all.

Through the desktop web interface, all seems to work at the Roku end, it sees my account, and all my devices, but at the last step when it goes back to Amazon's site, I get "We were unable to link Roku at this time."

On the Android Alexa app, linking to the Roku skill does the same thing...everything on Roku's end seems to work until the last step, where it comes back to the Alexa app and it says:

"Unable to link Roku with Alexa"
"We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account."

Of course Amazon said "Have you called Roku?"

I have unlinked a device and relinked to my Roku account to see if that makes a difference, and it doesn't.

Anyone else with linking the skill issue?

I am seeing people as of yesterday and today on reddit having the same issues...

0 Kudos