Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rooferbob1

Re: Alexa Roku Skill "We were unable to link Roku at this time" for last two days.

Jump to solution

Yes ma'am I did the same thing just yesterday if anyone comes up with a solution to this please post it

0 Kudos
thechad9

Re: Alexa Roku Skill "We were unable to link Roku at this time" for last two days.

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem. I have tried restarting my router/modem to factory settings, TV to factory settings and unlinking/relinking my TVs to my roku account. 

0 Kudos
unovana
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

About the remote I know! My Roku remote on my phone still works too so... Anyway at the store this morning I had to slide my card instead of using the chip. The cashier said a whole lot chip readers went down across the city at the same time as Roku links did She said it was caused by a lunar stellar disturbance. Hmmm Lol

0 Kudos
Draven92
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

I sincerely hope the TCL ceo/Corporation did not phase out Amazon Alexa functionality out of nowhere. That would be criminal and down right maddening. 

Draven92
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

This issue started before I updated my roku tv, which is odd. I updated the tv AFTER alexa stopped working with it. Alexa gives me this error :”it looks like I can’t reach your living room roku right now. Maybe because of a manufacturer issue, we’ve let them know there’s a problem.”

🤷🏻‍♂️ Obviously they broke something.

Tilinka

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. Spent all of yesterday trying to fix it—I guess I’m glad to see it’s not just me. Hope they put out a fix soon

hickfest50

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my tcl 65".  If anyone gets a response, please post on here so that we can fix it.

jjwheat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i noticed a week or so ago that Alexa had gotten "picky" on commands for my Roku tv.  Instead of just saying "change roku to channel 13" (local news) & the screen would read "finding nearest channel", i had to actually say "change roku to channel 13.1" for alexa to do anything.  Then, a few days ago, Alexa would say she was carrying out my command, but nothing would happen on the Roku tv.

i've tried updating alexa app, tv firmware & changing Roku acct password but none helped.  I disabled the roku skill on my phone & pc & now cant get it to renable on either.  Cant reset tv to factory because of Spectrum tv app (they are having a squabble with Roku over $$$ apparently & if i remove their app (say thru a reset), i cant reinstall it until the dispute is over.

Still not sure why a cable co is charging a streaming service when they are already getting paid for their service by me, the customer - but that's a discussion for another time.

Hope this is resolved soon

0 Kudos
Cynthsmthrmn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issues since yesterday on all TVs and Rokus. Followed the same troubleshooting steps and now cannot link accounts. Hope this is corrected quickly. 

0 Kudos
Elijah

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same problem with my Hisense Roku TV.

0 Kudos