Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevieRay
Reel Rookie

How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

This question has been posted before but I have not seen a satisfactory answer. Why this is not optional, idk. Why does Roku think I want this list of terrible channels that have horrible picture quality in my OTA channel list? And how do you remove it?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you wish to only show over-the-air TV listings in the guide, you hide all the streaming TV channels from the Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs, followed by Live TV.
  4. Select Hide streaming TV channels.
  5. Check the box next to Hide all.

For more information about TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to remove streaming channels from my Live tv channel

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you wish to only show over-the-air TV listings in the guide, you hide all the streaming TV channels from the Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below:

For more information about TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
90 REPLIES 90
kewupnorth

remove channels from home

Jump to solution

Rdio channel is gone. Tried to remove from home and it will not delete. Since trying to remove, the Roku remote is acting erratic, arrow keys will not choose next channel but hops around the channel list. The * key activates the microphone. Other peculiar things as well. 

Roku support is really terrible. Let's see if there is someone out there that can offer a non-automated explanation. Thanks

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This looks like a repeat of an aborted effort about a year ago.  I hit their "Upgrade" last night myself.  On my Sharp Roku TV, several years old, you can get rid of theor recent introduction of their delinquent channels by going to:

SETTINGS ->  TV INPUTS  ->  ANTENNA TV ->  HIDE STREAMING TV CHANNELS ->  HIDE ALL

Once you have clicked on HIDE ALL, then go to:

SETTINGS ->  SYSTEM ->  POWER ->  SYSTEM RESTART -> RESTART

That cleared the latest abomination, although the black area at each new screen is noticeably larger than before, and the time to change channels in OTA mode is noticeably slower and draggier, even with their streaming channels turned off.  Also seems to impact responsivity of the built in DVR feature for channel pause/replay.

I hope this helps.

(And a note to Roku executives.  As a consumer, I have a choice of multiple products when I purchase a new set.  This change, while it enhances eyeballs on your ad driven channels, does nothing for me.  I will consider that when I purchase my next TV set.)

StevieRay
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! That worked. I didn't even have to do the restart part of your instructions. The Roku channels were cleared as soon as I hid them. The black area is larger and it is dragging like you say.

0 Kudos
LHalo
Reel Rookie

How do I hide channels on OTA guide?

Jump to solution

Too many channels with no or poor signal that I'd like to hide or remove from the guide .

0 Kudos
LHalo
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I hide channels on OTA guide?

Jump to solution

Update: it took a chat and the person there blaming my antenna manufacturer, however I found the answer. Go to settings, TV inputs, live tv, hide antenna channels. At least now there's an answer to this question in the community.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
akflintnoh

Unwanted added channels

Jump to solution

When I turned on my TV I saw that Roku had added a bunch of new channels in front of the channels from my cable company. I didn't want these channels and I still don't want them. Since Roku does not have a remote that you are able to type in a number and go directly to a channel and need to arrow up and down it takes forever to go to the channels I really want. It also wiped out my favorite channel and since Roku won't let you pick your favorites I am screwed. For example I watch channel 2 and channel 56, by the time one show is over and I try to arrow up one channel at a time I never make it to the next channel in time to watch the whole show. After these channels were added my remote will only do one channel at a time, it won't continue scrolling as I hold the button down. And I can't hit it several times to go quicker, I have to wait for each channel to load. Why do they do things that they haven't tested or asked if we even want it and make watching tv a hassle instead of an enjoyable experience. I have resorted to watching Netflix or Prime instead of live tv and now I am missing the shows I really want to watch.

Rich52
Reel Rookie

Streaming channels

Jump to solution

How do I get rid of streaming channels in the menu. They showed up today. Do I need to get rid of Roku?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming channels

Jump to solution

@Rich52 wrote:

How do I get rid of streaming channels in the menu. They showed up today. Do I need to get rid of Roku?

You can remove a channel from the home screen by pressing the * button when the desired channel is highlighted and select Remove Channel. Once you've done that, you must reboot the Roku to ensure it's completely removed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos