Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Re: Line on Streamed channels

Jump to solution

I tried the soft reset which worked for some, but it actually made mine worse. Maybe you’ll have luck with that. Or you could do a hard reset which I didn’t want to do because all of our services are under different emails and passwords and it’s a b**ch to get em right. What worked for me is the power drain. I’ve done it twice, but it hasn’t came back since the second attempt. Turn off your tv, unplug everything including any external systems like a DVD player or xbox. Leave off for 15 seconds then plug back into an empty outlet. That should do the trick, but for how long is the question. My first attempt lasted 8 hrs. The second has been golden for over a month. Some people say it has just went away after doing one of the suggestions or even doing nothing. Some say it goes away for a period after a power drain, soft, or hard reset, but then comes back. So good luck and I hope you are able to figure it out. Set your tv to auto updates which it should already be in case they send out an update to fix it. Seems to be a common problem on all roku TVs and not just limited to tcl.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@MikeDee808 wrote:

I tried the soft reset which worked for some, but it actually made mine worse. Maybe you’ll have luck with that. Or you could do a hard reset which I didn’t want to do because all of our services are under different emails and passwords and it’s a b**ch to get em right. What worked for me is the power drain. I’ve done it twice, but it hasn’t came back since the second attempt. Turn off your tv, unplug everything including any external systems like a DVD player or xbox. Leave off for 15 seconds then plug back into an empty outlet. That should do the trick, but for how long is the question. My first attempt lasted 8 hrs. The second has been golden for over a month. Some people say it has just went away after doing one of the suggestions or even doing nothing. Some say it goes away for a period after a power drain, soft, or hard reset, but then comes back. So good luck and I hope you are able to figure it out. Set your tv to auto updates which it should already be in case they send out an update to fix it. Seems to be a common problem on all roku TVs and not just limited to tcl.

yep i know what a power drain is. i've done exactly that multiple times. has come back every time after about a week each time (4 or 5 times?) . hope yours doesn't come back but wouldn't count on it.  i've resorted to doing the reset via power options now as it's faster and provides about the same week of issue free viewing before it returns. 

0 Kudos
Dchian
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay. I tried the power drain and literally had the bug again when I streamed Netflix. Streaming on my ps4 now and no issue but unfortunately doesn’t stream at 4K. Hopefully a software patch will fix it but I’ll try the power drain again 

0 Kudos
noahfloah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Go to power settings and hit restart (not factory reset). Fixed it for me a couple times but comes back eventually. I mostly use the tv for gaming so it’s whatever, still annoying though if/ when it occurs

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps *9.3*

Jump to solution

I am using a Hisense 50" 4K and have this exact issue. It does not appear when using HDMI inputs, nor does it appear persistently through the UI and menus. Only when streaming. I am running 9.3. 

0 Kudos
Munksjunk

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

I have the exact same thing going on, But on the 55 inch 4 series. My tv is less than 2 weeks old.  I have used a separate roku device, fire stick, my ps4 and xbox with no issues. The only time the bar appears is on the built in apps. Going to read thru the comments to see if there's been a fix. Following for future uodates. 

0 Kudos
Dchian
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh for sure. I bought mine last week. 50s425 tcl and my ps4 streams fine. Just the native Roku apps will have it. Happens 100% of the time. Hopefully they release a software patch to fix it. Would love to stream 4K as I have the regular ps4 that outputs at 1080

0 Kudos
rdfiasco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem here on a TCL 65" 6 series. Only happens in Roku streaming apps. Not in menus or external inputs.

0 Kudos
drjones

Jump to solution

Having same issue with

TCL - 50" Class - LED - 5 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR - Roku TV

Thought it was the TV on day 1 had this issue returned it and got another.  Now 10 days past the 30 day return date, streaming youtube and At&t tv and seeing the line across the screen?????

If I go to settings and do a system restart it goes away but why is this happening.  My old TCL TV's (50", 42" & 32") do NOT do this?

So dissappointing I love this TV looks amazing but this is very frustrating and should not be an issue in 2020...

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.11.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.11.45 AM.png

0 Kudos
Tulike

Jump to solution

Bought a 50" Hisense RokuTV, model R50B7120UK, three weeks ago, and the problem appeared after 1 week on the Live TV, then I started noticing on YouTube as well (photos below). I unplugged and plugged the TV on the power outlet and it fixed for 4 days, on the 5th, the problem reappeared. Should I replace the TV or is it just a software problem?

0 Kudos