Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Re: Hisense TV's Roku lags & crashes for most apps

Jump to solution

Mine just started with this issue, these past couple of weeks. I know we have an older Hisense (maybe 3/4 years?), but this is really annoying!  Why won't Roku do anything?  😡🤬. Enough with the generic responses!  This is NOT how you keep customers. Does anyone know if any other models of Roku TVs are doing this?  We're replacing ours and might send Roku the bill for it. 😡

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@YakkoWakkoDot1, I don't know about other Roku TVs, but if yours is otherwise working ok there's no need to replace the whole thing.  If you're satisfied with Roku in general, just get a Roku device and connect it to your TV like you would a Blu-ray player, a cable box, or a game console.  It's cheaper and might even work better/faster than a new TV.  You'd still have to use the TV for antenna channels, but the connected device for streaming.  If you're not satisfied with Roku, there's plenty of other streaming devices you could connect to the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's not working okay.  I have to use this TV to watch my Dish satellite receiver.   I've hadvthe Roku Streambar/Sound bar hooked up to it and the sound goes out on that. 

0 Kudos
stgraff

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing this problem with both of our Roku OS TVs and it's driving me nuts. Either the OS becomes so slow as to be unusable, or the apps (Netflix especially!) will crash, or the entire OS crashes. I've tried every single troubleshooting step I can find to no avail. I've restarted the TV. I've unplugged the TV for several minutes and plugged it back in. I've deleted and re-added affected apps. I've reset the TV to factory default settings. None of these help. I must restart the TV every single day and I'm getting very frustrated with this situation.

Our TVs are not that old, a Hisense 58" 58R6E3 (purchased Sept 2020) and an onn 42" 1000182554 purchased Nov 2020.

I really like the Roku OS, and it's very "wife friendly", so I don't want to switch, but these TVs should not be experiencing problems like this after only 3 years of use.

Do Roku and the device manufacturers care about this at all? It seems like they are just pushing more processor intensive features to older TVs that is bogging them down to the point of being unusable.

MadM

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, just started rebooting this morning. July 1, 2024. I'm going to need a solution ASAP!!! THIS TV IS ONLY 3/4 YEARS old. My other Tvs work great and they're much older! 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MadM,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

In certain situations, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it can be helpful. Restart your device before adding the channel again to ensure the process works. We suggest doing this from the Settings menu by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you don't see a Power submenu, move on to the next step.) 

In addition, one possible reason your Roku TV constantly reboots on its own is a problem with the power adapter, cord, or power outlet. Please ensure that everything is correctly connected to the back of the TV. In addition to using an Ethernet connection, could you try using a mobile hotspot to see if there's a difference when accessing channels?

If performing a hard reset on the TV by locating the reset button at the back of the TV didn't fix the issue, the problem may be internal. In that case, we recommend contacting your TV manufacturer for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scar1963

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my Roku tv

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Scar1963,

Thanks for taking your first post to the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. We'd like to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can investigate further.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• What brand is your Roku TV? (LG, Hisense, TCL, etc.)
  • When did you notice the issue occur?
  • Are you encountering any error messages or codes?
  • Does the issue only happen on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to fix the issue?

We'll be eager to wait for your update.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dayneojets

Jump to solution

I think its 10000% likely Roku/Hisense pushed a bad update to us sometime in the past 6-8 months bc thats when my issue started too and same problem as everyone else in here. Same symptoms, same failed resolutions. After stumbling in here and realizing how common this is im going to try what one suggested and fully factory reset to see if it works but idk if that will rid of the bad software thats corrupted things. What a friggin joke though, my TCL Roku has been fine the whole time.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
If your Hisense TV's built-in Roku is lagging and crashing, try performing a factory reset on the TV to clear any potential issues. Also, make sure to remove and reinstall problematic apps. If the problem persists, consider contacting Hisense or Roku support for further assistance. If all else fails, using your portable Roku stick might be a reliable temporary solution.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.