Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense Roku TV only plays apps through the left speaker

Jump to solution

I just got a new Hisense Roku TV 43” 4K R6 Series. After setup, I opened Spotify, YouTube, etc to test it. It turned out to only play sound through the left TV speaker in any app I played media through. Menu sounds come through both speakers though, so I’m not sure what’s going on here. Help?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV only plays apps through the left speaker

Jump to solution

Hi @AdmiralJaden,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble with your Hisense Roku TV.

In this case, we recommend restarting your TV from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My TV only plays apps through the left speaker

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that sounds like an issue with the TV itself. There are no settings I am aware of within the Roku menus that would cause that to happen. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AdmiralJaden
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem with me.

Also a Hisense, 50" in my case. This problem started yesterday at the time of this writing.

Both speakers work fine for system sound effects.

This seems like a firmware/update issue relating to sound to me, because there's nothing wrong with the speakers themselves.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AdmiralJaden,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble with your Hisense Roku TV.

In this case, we recommend restarting your TV from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AdmiralJaden
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A full restart was one of the first things I tried, to no avail, sadly. For the moment, I've just got it hooked up to a surround system through the headphone jack.

0 Kudos
joshhensel

Jump to solution

I have this exact TV and also have this exact issue. The right speaker works when switching through menus, but when using apps and HDMI ports, only the left speaker works. I just bought this TV yesterday... 

SMO98OTH

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and tried restarting it as well. The TV is 4 hours old.

bigmik62

Jump to solution

I dont know how the "solution" is that highlighted message. I have the same issue with the left speaker having full audio working, and the right speaker only plays audio that comes from the menu sounds. 

I've reset from the menu's power options, I've unplugged for 20 minutes, and I've factory reset which fix nothing.

This happened recently, so Im assuming is a firmware update

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.