Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nocas671
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV only plays apps through the left speaker

Hisense model: 6Series-43

Serial number: X01900Y1W1N1

Software version: 14.0

tracker ID: N1-423-640

build version: 12221-CH

0 Kudos
Araedi
Reel Rookie

Hisense model 6Series-58

Serial number X01900UW0XUM

Device ID S08C63DW0XUM

Software version 14.0

Tracker ID UM-424-034

Channel Build version 12221

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

It has come to our attention that after the latest software update, 14.0, you're experiencing issues with the built-in speaker of your Hisense Roku TV. Rest assured that our relevant team is currently investigating this case to help determine the cause.

To those who have already provided the requested necessary details for the investigation, rest assured that we have already forwarded those to the team. 

To those who have not, kindly provide us with @RokuJechealR's requested details so we can include your devices in the process. 

Once again, we appreciate your patience and kind understanding as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jabberwocky7
Reel Rookie

Don't believe a word these Moderators are telling you. I called Hisense and they refused to take responsibility under warranty because it's a software issue on Roku's end. Roku customer support tries to place blame on Hisense. They said I could try getting a USB and reformat it for the T.V. and use a computer to uninstall and reinstall the software/firmware on the t.v. I don't have a USB or a computer or the knowledge base to do such a thing. Worst customer service, nobody wanting to take responsibility. The right solution would be to refund me for the T.V.

0 Kudos
Majoramask14
Reel Rookie

My Roku tv right speaker not working to after the Roku os 14 update my left speaker works fine

my left speaker works fine but right doesn’t work either for media or games it only works when scrolling though the menu and stuff This started right after the Roku os 14 update I hope yall are aware of  this bug from the update IMG_1722.jpeg

0 Kudos
Majoramask14
Reel Rookie

my left speaker works fine but right doesn’t work either for media or games it only works when scrolling though the menu and stuff This started right after the Roku os 14 update I hope yall are aware of this bug

IMG_1722.jpeg

Araedi
Reel Rookie

Imagine pushing out an update without thoroughly testing it then telling the people who its affecting its a hardware issue when its a file update issue. Best thing to do would be to roll back the update until theres a fix then apply the new update when its confirmed that the speaker issue is fixed and everything works properly.

0 Kudos
Ricio12345

I’ve been dealing with this issue for a week now, and it turns out I’m not the only one. Only my left speaker works, and I can only hear the right speaker when navigating through menus. I’ve had the TV for a few months, so I don’t think it’s a hardware problem, especially since the right speaker works fine in the menus. On top of that, many people seem to be experiencing the same issue around the same time, which suggests it might be due to a common cause, like a recent update.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Majoramask14!

Thank you for providing us with the necessary details. Rest assured that the team is investigating this issue to determine its cause and help find the best resolution possible. 

We'll keep you posted once updates are available.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Ricio12345!

We appreciate you informing us about this and we'd like to include your device in the process of investigation.

In order to narrow down the cause of the issue, we would appreciate it if you could share your device details, as requested in the above post. 

We'll be looking forward to your response so that we can check this further and provide you with a swift resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.