Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unkolko2

Guest Mode Loop Boot Loop After Upgrading to Roku OS 14

Jump to solution

We have a 67 room client using roku televisions in their units and a number of the television have started a repetitive loop of guest mode signing out, TV reboots, guest mode then automatically signs back in and tries to sign out again causing the reboot to happen again and keeps repeating until the television is factory reset. The factory reset is a temporary fix and the process will have to be done again when guest mode loop starts again. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest Mode Loop Boot Loop After Upgrading to Roku OS 14

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We understand the inconvenience of your Roku device automatically exiting guest mode after the update.

To resolve this issue, we recommend performing a factory reset:

1. Locate the Reset Button: Find the reset button on your Roku device, usually located on the back or bottom.
  2. Power On: Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.
  3. Press and Hold: Press and hold the reset button for exactly 10 seconds.
  4. Watch for Blinking Light: The light will blink rapidly during the reset process. Once it returns to a normal blinking rate, release the button.

If the issue persists after a factory reset, please provide the following information:

• Device Details: Your Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID: To obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times while the issue occurs.
  • Troubleshooting Steps: List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

We'll mark this post as solved to increase visibility and help other users who may encounter the same issue.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We're committed to resolving this problem as soon as possible.

The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
VenomousGinger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems there's a problem with a large number of TV's all over since the latest updates. They need to fix it or replace the TVs at no charge. My TV worked just fine until it started loop restarting. It's like it never actually resets or restarts 

0 Kudos
825Spring

Jump to solution

What is the fix? 

0 Kudos
VenomousGinger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well as I tried to call tech support I gave the reset button another try and to my surprise it actually reset to factory settings and I was able to go through the setup and it's working again. I held the rest button until it turned off and popped up with the welcome screen, probably a good 30 seconds 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also have the same problem I have like 15 TVs and four out of 15 are doing the same thing. Do you know if is going to be a fix for this?

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community Users!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about having an issue with the guest mode loop. We'd like to look into it.

To start, could you please try Factory Resetting your device?

Here's how: 

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

You may also use the physical button on your streaming device. Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Example of physical reset buttons on a Roku TV or Roku player

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the details below so that we can forward this to the appropriate team for review.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whitmireww
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This can’t be done if it’s in constant reboot. I now have two TVs of different brands, Hisense and Onn, doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Whitmireww.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us about having the same issue with the guest mode loop. We'd like to know more about this.

In this case, have you tried pressing the physical button on factory resetting your device?

If so, please provide us with the details we need on the post above so we can further review this issue.

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whitmireww
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Using the 10 second button press, I was able to factory reset. Before I was holding it until it rebooted expecting that to actually be a reboot, but it was still in the loop. I have multiple TVs across multiple Airbnbs that use guest mode. Is there a fix planned or will I have to instruct my team to hard reset every time?

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Whitmireww.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Since you're still having the same issue, please provide us with the details below so that we can forward them to our appropriate team for review.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.