Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fox News App major issues

Jump to solution

It's been going on for a little over a month now where we can get into the app, but when you click watch now,  it loads to 13% and sits there.  Never comes on.

DPP1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same story here.  I contacted Fox News like Roku suggested, but Fox never responded.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Blink182rfl.

Thank you for raising your concern with us. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.  

Before proceeding, may we know if this is an isolated case within the Fox News Channel alone? Does following the steps on How to resolve a channel playback issue help you?

Let us know so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DPP1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I have done all the troubleshooting in your article several times.  It has not helped. Yes, it is isolated to Fox News.  A previous Roku moderator told me it is not a Roku problem and to contact Fox News directly as Fox maintains the app.  Fox does return calls.  Based on all the Roku users having the same issue (never loading), I would have expected Roku to contact Fox directly, and not send me on a wild goose chase.

madmonkey2020
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issues: 401 error when starting app, yet theive stream plays underneath. The hang on fox logo during commercial breaks that never returns to the programming.

Do think it is the Roku app, because PC and android work fine.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @madmonkey2020,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Fox News channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DPP1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have no clue.  Roku here says it is the app which Fox maintains and to call Fox.  I cannot reach a human at Fox, so I am stuck.  

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I found this information in about 2 seconds.

https://www.foxnews.com/contact

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am unable to load fox sports or fox nation,  says unavailable. Just started 2 days ago, before this ran with no problems

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Harleygirl21,
Thanks for joining us here in the Roku community!

We're sorry for the late response, and we appreciate you sharing your experience about this.

To help you get started, if you haven't tried it yet, We've got some troubleshooting that you can try on our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos