Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robby_G
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News App major issues

Jump to solution

Hey Roku -- are y'all really not doing this?  How come the FoxNews App is the only news channel that's purportedly buggy, and not the Democrat news apps?  I tried removing the app, checking for updates *Version 5.2; build 2023112901, restarting the app, etc., but often when launching the live feed, the app will display the circle of despair, and stop at the 13% mark, as has been well documented by others in this community.

Just because y'all may dislike it, there are many people who wish to view this feed.  So stop trying to influence the election and fix the app.  Thank you. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Robby_G,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

You have mentioned that the issue is isolated to the Fox News app. That being said, we would recommend that you also reach out to them and inquire regarding this app, as they may be able to assist with their app functionality. Also, since none of the troubleshooting steps provided resolves the issue, it could be that the issue lies within the app itself.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robby_G
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Of course the issue lies with the app itself!  I find that removing the app and reinstalling it will enable it to work for a day, but that's not very desirable.  I doubt that me, as an end user reaching out to the Fox devs will do much good.  Y'all should do it -- I bought the TV -- so I'm the customer and you as a Roku employee have quite some nerve asking me to do anything.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Robby_G,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robby_G
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Understood.  Have y'all notified the channel devs of this problem?

SD_Helotes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is weird that Fox Weather is the only live program that pulls up now. I have been using the Fox News Channel over Roku for years and for the last few weeks it will not pull up Fox News Go or Fox Business Network. Something has changed. Please reach out to Fox News and get this resolved.

Thanks!

Robby_G
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noted that too yesterday.  The workaround is to delete the app, then reinstall it, and go thru the ridiculous authentication process again whenever you want to watch.  Otherwise, you get the circle of despair stuck at 13% whenever you try to watch news or business.  I've tried all manners of resetting the app, making sure that I exit the app before restarting, etc., but it appears that the app fails to take down the stream, and then cannot reconnect.

So bottom line -- delete the app and reinstall for now.

SD_Helotes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried that and I still had issues. It is like they are trying to block live Fox News.  I also recently switched from Spectrum to AT&T Fiber. It sounds like there was issues in the past with AT&T and Fox News.

0 Kudos
Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's an issue between roku and direct tv, and neither one is telling truth.

Spent hour chatting to roku service and direct tv. Nothing but run around.

Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

John 

Did that all weekend, why won't roku solve this?

Was it because Superbowl?

Fox news app. Worked fine on friday morning?

Still doesn't now 2/12/24

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.