Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four Channels will not load. Revert back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

YouTube, Spotify, and Prime will not load.  It attempts to load then goes back to Home Screen.  No other channels have issue.  Does not impact my phone or daughters Roku 60 miles away.  (Using my logon).   MY ROKU IS WITHIN MY TV,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Four Channels will not load. Revert back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

Hi @Bamafaninky,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channels. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your Roku device: Make sure to do the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). System restart.
  • Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem or resetting your network settings on your Roku device.
  • Check for updates: Make sure your Roku device and the channels involved are current. You can check for updates in the Roku settings menu or the app store.
  • Reinstall the app: If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Channels affected on your Roku device. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and reinstalling it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step). System restart.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try to restart your TV from Settings->System->Power (or pull out the power cord for a few seconds).  Note that simply turning a TV off and back on doesn't accomplish anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bamafaninky,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channels. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your Roku device: Make sure to do the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). System restart.
  • Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can try restarting your router or modem or resetting your network settings on your Roku device.
  • Check for updates: Make sure your Roku device and the channels involved are current. You can check for updates in the Roku settings menu or the app store.
  • Reinstall the app: If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Channels affected on your Roku device. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and reinstalling it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step). System restart.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.