Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dboyer139

Roku TV display goes dark and won't come back on

Hello, I purchased my Roku LCD TV in October '21, and last night while watching Netflix, the screen went black. I could still hear sound, but I couldn't get the picture to come back on. I've never had a problem with the display before. Now the TV doesn't do anything, and even the remote has stopped working. I can turn the power on/off with my cable remote, but the best I can get is the Roku logo, which flashes for maybe a second before the screen goes dark again. I've gone through the basic trouble shooting steps, including unplugging everything and pressing the Reset button in the back. Roku apparently doesn't offer live support, and I am now regretting this purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV display goes dark and won't come back on

@dboyer139, I hate to say it, but you will find countless people here with the same problem.  Most likely, something has failed within the TV.  Roku didn't manufacture your TV, so it's up to the manufacturer to handle that kind of problem, but all I can say is, good luck.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.