Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missweisz

Charmed seasons disappeared in the middle of watching it

Jump to solution

I was watching charmed and in the middle of the episode, it stopped working, then when I went back it only shows that there is 2 episodes of season 3 available. However on the main menu it is still showing that there should be all 8 seasons. What is going on?

16658192335845440248880347238894.jpg

16658192673412455647807175162715.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charmed seasons disappeared in the middle of watching it

Jump to solution

@Missweisz and @sobando 

Likely that the Search Library just was not updated/synched when searching.

Seasons 1-4 of Charmed  are still available on Pluto TV (free) whereas the other seasons moved to Premium/Subscription services.

The free content on these channels/apps are usually just licensed and carried for a certain period of time.  Basically, they just come and go.  It will likely come back in the future. 

Looks like Season 3 of Charmed on Roku Channel (2episodes) is scheduled to leave 10/15/22 at 11:59pm.

Peacock Premium is carrying seasons 1-8.  Currently running a deal/promo for $20/year.  Otherwise, $5/month. https://www.peacocktv.com/.  If going this route, sign up through the website, not the Roku device, in order to take advantage of the offer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sobando

Jump to solution

the same thing happened to me just rn 🤦🏾‍♂️ smhhh

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Missweisz and @sobando 

Likely that the Search Library just was not updated/synched when searching.

Seasons 1-4 of Charmed  are still available on Pluto TV (free) whereas the other seasons moved to Premium/Subscription services.

The free content on these channels/apps are usually just licensed and carried for a certain period of time.  Basically, they just come and go.  It will likely come back in the future. 

Looks like Season 3 of Charmed on Roku Channel (2episodes) is scheduled to leave 10/15/22 at 11:59pm.

Peacock Premium is carrying seasons 1-8.  Currently running a deal/promo for $20/year.  Otherwise, $5/month. https://www.peacocktv.com/.  If going this route, sign up through the website, not the Roku device, in order to take advantage of the offer.

Jump to solution

Was so disappointed when I woke up this morning and charmed episodes were gone but 2. This was my first time really giving Roku channel a go. I’m disappointed they didn’t have the date it was leaving the channel displayed anywhere. I wouldn’t of started the series if I’d known in season 4 I’d lose them. I didn’t even get to watch the Chris and Wiat episodes 😞

Echo90

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me! I thought it was me doing something wrong. I was in season 5 and can't find it anywhere to stream for free. I am so disappointed....

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

Users have been asking for some run-time indicator (how long content will be available for) for quite awhile.  I am seeing some random notifications/occurence of this in my content searches ("available to be streamed until such and such date and time") so it actually may be a feature that Roku is developing/working on.  Right now it is very random when it occurs.

Certainly would help to minimize the surprise and disappointment users feel when they finally find time to sit down and watch something in particular and find it is no longer available.

Ky22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

literally same, It happened to me after 12am this morning and I was on season 6 episode 11 😕

0 Kudos
Ky22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Soap2day.rs Is free try there? Its where I keep up to date on NCIS and The Good Doctor and now I may have to watch the last 2 seasons of charmed on there..

0 Kudos
Ruuben1999

Jump to solution

I was watching the charmed ones and the next night season 1 &2&3&4 all disappeared. I was at season 2 episode 3 and can't watch it any more on Pluto demand

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Ruuben1999 

Goes in cycles.  Free content is available for a limited time, then gets leased out to another channel/app.  Will usually return as free again in a matter of months.

Looks like Pluto still has Seasons 5-8, but Seasons 1-4, as well as 5-8 are again on Peacock. (Premium).

---

If you add Charmed to your Save List, you can at least check back periodically to see if it has returned/become available for free again.

0 Kudos