Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cable

Re: Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

My 2  brother inlaws are having same problem ! All started 5-22-21 and they live in two different homes

Cable

Re: Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

Maybe bad download

0 Kudos
axchisler

I'm going to assume this still hasn't been resolved.  My issue is a little different, my tuner (TCL 43s425) is no longer scanning the cable channels at all.  I also get antenna channels in the wrong slot.  Somewhere I saw to try scanning the channels with the RF cable unplugged which will clear everything.  Then plug the cable back in and scan again.  This is the first time I've seen the zip code idea, I guess it's worth a shot too.  I also had the thought of when the antenna scan screen comes up (yes I get antenna channels on the RF cable too) to hit "skip" and let it go directly to cable scan.  IDK something's gotta give..🙄

0 Kudos
Mike-E
Streaming Star

Nope, not fixed yet. I tried getting Roku to fix it for a couple months, they couldn't. I then switched to TCL support, and have been dealing with them for months. The other day, they FINALLY told me [quote]

We would like to give you an update about your case regarding the issue with your TCL TV. We have escalated the issue to Roku and we were able to confirm that it is a software issue that they are already aware of. We are already working with them to find a resolution. Unfortunately, we don't have information as to when the software patch for this particular issue will be released but we have added your TV to the list of TVs that will receive the update once it is released. 

Should you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. 

Thank you!

Maria Cielo G.
Customer Support Team
TCL North America
|w: tclusa.com |t: @Tcl_USA[/quote]

So, no help there either. I don't expect it to ever be fixed, so these will be the FIRST, and LAST TCL tv sets I'll ever buy, and I'll tell others not to bother to buy them either, because the support is worthless.
lion0013

The culprit is not the TV brand, it's Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @lion0013

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pfryturner

I just had a similar problem where my guide was wrong on some of my channels. I don't have cable. I use an over the air antenna. I solved the problem by resetting the tv to factory settings and setting up the tv again as if it were new. Took a little time but fixed the problem.

Mike-E
Streaming Star

I'm glad that worked for YOU. I also tried it, and it didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
DougMB
Streaming Star

That's great!  Thanks for sharing.   I have tried that a few times without success. 

0 Kudos
DougMB
Streaming Star

Really?   More info?   I can't imagine what else you need to be helpful.  Please give me some specifics?   I shared all the info about my Roku and software build/version and the specific issue being that my channel guide is completely wrong from what is on each channel.   

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.