Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MommaK

Blank Screen after choosing app

My Roku powers on, I see the Home Screen, I click into YouTube TV, my local news, HBO Max, or Netflix…I see the show options, but when the show launches, I get a blank screen. I power down and try again, usually takes 3-4 tries before the picture launches and I can watch my show. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Blank Screen after choosing app

Hello @MommaK

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blank Screen after choosing app

Hi @QCVII,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this. Could you tell us what Roku device you are using right now? Is this a device that is connected to an HDMI cable to your TV, or is this a Roku-powered TV? When you say an app. Is this an isolated case to that channel, or does this playback affect the rest of the channels on the platform?

With more information, we can further take a look into this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos