Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Black screen with sound, only with paid channels and new movies or shows

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Did you subscribe through Roku or directly through the channel provider? Are you trying to watch from the stand-alone channel/app or through "The Roku Channel"? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snodgrass3
Channel Surfer

I select it from my Roku home screen not from the Roku channel.  Not sure why it matters I can rent or watch anything I want from the 3 other Roku TVs I have in my home.  This particular 70" TV is the one that won't allow me to watch certain movies without blacking out.

0 Kudos
Leerblais
Channel Surfer

The 3 channels are paid through roku. I have done all of the trouble shooting ideas through the 3 apps and through roku. I've replaced all cords and cables. I've changed outlets, replaced outlets, use surge protectors, not used them. Reset my internet, replaced my internet components. I've used wifi and direct connection. It is not my tv because I can Watch a movie on a free channel but the same movie on the paid will be black screen with only sound. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Snodgrass3 @Leerblais

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to gather more information for us to take a closer look at the issue. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snodgrass3
Channel Surfer

I emailed that info but can't get an error code or ID by hitting those buttons 5 times each when my screen is totally blacked out

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Snodgrass3

Thanks for the response.

Could you please send us that information here in this thread? Once we gather this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snodgrass3
Channel Surfer

Model #100012588

Serial #YN00K8042721

Device #B489DK042721

Software - 12.5.0 build 4176-AT

Amazon Prime

Version 14.1 build 2023092022

Peacock TV

Version 4.11 build 25

0 Kudos
Leerblais
Channel Surfer

I already have several work orders some over 2 years old, I am still waiting for any sort of reply. I have not received any update or reply at all in 3 years. Not even a reply about reimbursements for payments I made for channels I can't watch. That also was blamed on everyone else. Seems like no one wants responsibility 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @Snodgrass3

Before proceeding to the necessary step, we'd like to recommend performing a complete reset to your Roku device since it's only happening to one specific device. For more information, kindly visit this support article at How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leerblais
Channel Surfer

Already have dozens of times 

0 Kudos