kelleandken
Reel Rookie

Audio output from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Last year the speakers on my Toshiba Fire TV started sounding distorted. I was told it was a common problem so I bought a soundbar (I don't recall the brand) . It worked very well. This year I decided to dump my cable provider and bought the Roku streambar. I disconnected my streambar and connected the Roku device. I notice that the dialogue is the most prominent audio element but the sound effects and music seem very low by comparison, almost as if I'm just listening to the center channel of a 5.1 or mono audio. I have tried experimenting with different settings but they all pretty much sound the same. Am I crazy? Or does the Roku sound bar not play stereo or, LT/RT (which kind of simulates surround sound) as my television's speakers used to do?  

Thanks, Ken

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio output from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @kelleandken!

We noticed you're having trouble adjusting the audio on your Roku Streambar. No worries; we'd be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. 

Have you tried checking if you have set your Streambar sound mode to Dialogue? This setting can amplify the conversation of a particular show to hear over background sounds.

You can adjust sound settings from the Options menu when watching a movie, TV show, music, Bluetooth® audio, or content from an external device (e.g., Blu-ray player, cable set-top box, game console) connected to your Roku TV system.

Use the following steps to change sound settings.

1. Start streaming or playing your content
  2. Press Star 

on your Roku remote
  3. Select Advanced Sound Settings or Sound settings
  4. Choose your sound mode or change your sound settings
  • Standard: Basic audio mode for general use
  • Dialogue: Conversations are easier to hear over background sounds
  • Movie: Optimized for an immersive movie theater-like experience
  • Music: Unaltered sound, authentic like the artist intended
  • Night: Optimized for listening at lower volumes with less bass

When you're done, press Back until the menu is closed.

For more tips to improve your audio quality, visit this support article: How to change sound settings on your Roku audio device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio output from Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @kelleandken!

We noticed you're having trouble adjusting the audio on your Roku Streambar. No worries; we'd be more than happy to assist you with your concerns. 

Have you tried checking if you have set your Streambar sound mode to Dialogue? This setting can amplify the conversation of a particular show to hear over background sounds.

You can adjust sound settings from the Options menu when watching a movie, TV show, music, Bluetooth® audio, or content from an external device (e.g., Blu-ray player, cable set-top box, game console) connected to your Roku TV system.

Use the following steps to change sound settings.

1. Start streaming or playing your content
  2. Press Star 

on your Roku remote
  3. Select Advanced Sound Settings or Sound settings
  4. Choose your sound mode or change your sound settings
  • Standard: Basic audio mode for general use
  • Dialogue: Conversations are easier to hear over background sounds
  • Movie: Optimized for an immersive movie theater-like experience
  • Music: Unaltered sound, authentic like the artist intended
  • Night: Optimized for listening at lower volumes with less bass

When you're done, press Back until the menu is closed.

For more tips to improve your audio quality, visit this support article: How to change sound settings on your Roku audio device.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.