Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monnie48

Roku soundbar will not pair with Roku tv

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku wireless soundbar to go with my Roku tv. I have checked my software version and it is up to date. I have the soundbar directly below my tv. I have tried multiple time to pair. I have unplugged the soundbar and plugged it back in multiple times. I still get message no soundbar found.  Please help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku soundbar will not pair with Roku tv

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Monnie48.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're encountering with your soundbar not pairing with your Roku TV. We're here to assist.

If you're having trouble pairing your Roku Soundbar to your Roku TV, try the suggested steps below:

Firstly, try rebooting your TV. Navigate to your Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart now. This will allow the system to be refreshed, and connect your Roku Soundbar to your TV by following the steps:

1. Make sure your TV is powered on
  2. Press and hold Home 

on your TV remote for 5 seconds
  3. Select Wireless soundbar and confirm

Once your TV is in pairing mode, you will see a screen like the following:

image.png

If your TV does not enter pairing mode, review the suggestions below:

• Use the existing remote: You must use your existing TV remote to enter pairing mode and be sure to point it directly at the TV screen.
  • Install fresh batteries: Replace the existing batteries in your Roku remote with new matching batteries.
  • Check the software version: Your TV must be running Roku OS 10.0 or higher to work with a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar. If you have not done so yet, check the software version of your Roku TV.
  • Manually enter pairing mode: Go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device > Wireless soundbar.

Once your TV is in pairing mode, it will move through the setup process automatically and connect your wireless soundbar.

If you want to review the entire pairing process, read the detailed article about setting up your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

Let us know if you need more help; we're willing to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku soundbar will not pair with Roku tv

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Monnie48.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're encountering with your soundbar not pairing with your Roku TV. We're here to assist.

If you're having trouble pairing your Roku Soundbar to your Roku TV, try the suggested steps below:

Firstly, try rebooting your TV. Navigate to your Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart now. This will allow the system to be refreshed, and connect your Roku Soundbar to your TV by following the steps:

1. Make sure your TV is powered on
  2. Press and hold Home 

on your TV remote for 5 seconds
  3. Select Wireless soundbar and confirm

Once your TV is in pairing mode, you will see a screen like the following:

image.png

If your TV does not enter pairing mode, review the suggestions below:

• Use the existing remote: You must use your existing TV remote to enter pairing mode and be sure to point it directly at the TV screen.
  • Install fresh batteries: Replace the existing batteries in your Roku remote with new matching batteries.
  • Check the software version: Your TV must be running Roku OS 10.0 or higher to work with a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar. If you have not done so yet, check the software version of your Roku TV.
  • Manually enter pairing mode: Go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device > Wireless soundbar.

Once your TV is in pairing mode, it will move through the setup process automatically and connect your wireless soundbar.

If you want to review the entire pairing process, read the detailed article about setting up your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

Let us know if you need more help; we're willing to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.