Kota2001
Reel Rookie

Audio not working in apps

My Roku TV stopped playing audio in apps I can hear the clicking scrolling threw the menu but not on Netflix etc I've tried unplugging and plugging back in system restart resetting the audio and everything that has been listed on here and nothing is working does anyone have anything new they have tried that worked

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Ph18
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio not working in apps

Having same problem

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kota2001 @Ph18

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the audio issue you've encountered, and we're interested to know more about this so we can assist. May we know what specific channel/s are affected? Also, if possible, could you please provide us with a video referring to the issue?

Once we receive more details about this, rest assured that we'll assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Kota2001
Reel Rookie

Best way I can explain it is when I'm scrolling through the home screen I can hear the clocks and when I turn the volume up I can hear the clocks and when the TV is turned on I can here the noise or plays and when I hook up my Nintendo switch on the HDMI I can hear everything. But when I go to play Netflix Hulu Disney Plus or amy of the streaming apps I have on the TV there is zero volume at all. I've done system restart I've factory reset my TV I've reset the audio settings and I've unplugged and plugged back in and nothing is working. I've heard from a lot of people it's common for Roku tvs and these are the solutions they've used to fix them

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kota2001,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be more than delighted to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. May we know if you had another device/s connected to your TV? (e.g. speakers and another sound system) When did the issue start?

We'll wait for your response, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kota2001
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuJohnB this started about 2 days ago the TV isn't even a year old and no nothing has ever been connected to it besides my PlayStation or my Nintendo switch through the HDMI cord

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Kota2001!

Have you tried removing those connected devices from your TV and then trying again to see if you're able to hear any sound on those channels?

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kota2001
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

Yes I've unplugged the HDMI cord. I've factory reset the TV I've done a system restart reset the audio settings I've unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and mothing has worked 

0 Kudos
ev3

Audio not working frequently in TBN aps most particularly Inspire. I am probably going to have to give up on you. Especially since I don't know who to communicate with.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kota2001,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, and we appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you took.
It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we can pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos