Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meodee
Streaming Star

Re: How can I Stream longer than 4 hours

Jump to solution

Ok That's great news!!! Thank You for your help!!

0 Kudos
SentrixxFl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver
Off
Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

SentrixxFI

I don't have Settings > Network > (BANDSAVER) Please see the quote that answered my question.   
from atc             

"OK, you're still on firmware 9.1. I think the new bandwidth saver feature is part of 9.2. You should be getting the update in the near future, but I have no idea how long it might be."

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

you might be able to do it now I can.

Settings/Sysrem/System Update >>Check Now

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@boogernose Okie will check in the am Thank YOU!!

0 Kudos
Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@boogernose  I have the update today!!! Thank You all for the help!!!

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

You can see more about the Bandwidth Saver feature here: https://support.roku.com/article/360037927713-how-do-i-use-bandwidth-saver-to-avoid-going-over-my-in...

You will see a prompt after 4 hours of continuous playback without any user activity. It will ask you to confirm that you are still watching. If no confirmation is received, the channel will exit to the Roku Home screen. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
J0hn-S
Roku Guru

[Resolved] Bandwidth saver doesn’t work with Philo

Jump to solution

Love the new bandwidth saver feature. But it doesn’t seem to work at all with Philo. It works well on other apps/channels as far as I can tell. I can set a sleep timer on the tv, but the next day Philo is still streaming. 

edit: thanks to whomever fixed it, it’s working now

Roku Ultra (4800)
Roku TV
Roku Streaming Stick+
0 Kudos
oldfarty

Annoying On-screen Messaging: From Where Does It Come? Ex: "Are You Still Watching?"

Jump to solution

Is the annoying message, "Are you still watching?", Roku-originated, or does it arrive via a particular streaming channel? Perhaps it comes from somewhere else? Can someone shed some light on this inquiry? Thanks!

KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerDThis is a big problem for me. I work 10-hour days and like to leave YouTube on continuous play for my parrots when I am at work. Now they only get 4 hours of entertainment, as they are obviously unable to work the remote, and are bored in their cages for the next 6-7 hours. I bought a Roku device specifically for their room, and now it is not very useful! How can I deactivate the stream pause feature?

0 Kudos