Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAmominFL

App Free Preview Expiration

We are currently renting a condo for 6 months and owner converted ROKU tv to guest mode. Every time I add an APP it gives me a “free preview expires in”20-60 minutes depending on the APP. Once it expires a screen appears on ROKU tv with an activation code and instructions to reset with my tv provider which I do. Then, the APP comes back on and we’re fine. Unfortunately, once we turn off the tv and subsequently turn it on again either that day or another day, we have to go through the whole free preview expiration and need to activate APP with another code process. Why doesn’t the APP stay activated? Is there some way to make sure it does so I’m not going through this ever day???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App Free Preview Expiration

Hi @MAmominFL

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring for support, and we're here to help. May we know what specific channels you have tried installing and going back in an activation loop?

In addition, it might be that the Roku TV is set for Auto Sign-out Mode, explaining the activation loop of installed channels you've encountered. You can try to configure these settings by following the instructions below:

You can change the sign-out date from the Guest Options menu.

1. Press Home on the Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Guest Options
  3. Select Change automatic sign-out date
  4. Navigate the calendar and choose a new date
  5. Select the highlighted Checkout button to confirm the date

After this, please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.