Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glover33

Everything works perfect except videos play black

On some apps, when I launch the app and start playing a video, everything works perfect except the video is black.

I can see all the user interface elements, scroll bars, previews as I scrub through a video, etc. Audio also works great, just no video image.

If I exit to the main Roku menu, then set the video to a different resolution, then jump back into the app, it will now work. So, if the resolution was 1080p and I tell it to run 4k it works, or if it was 4k and then I tell it to go to 1080p it starts working.

This happens on Hulu, Netflix, and Prime, and I think Apple and YouTube.

So far, I have tried rebooting as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the problem apps.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Everything works perfect except videos play black

Hi, @glover33

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. May we know what specific Roku device you are having issues with? Also, have you tried updating to the latest Roku OS version? Furthermore, have you tried setting your display settings to Automatic to see if you notice any difference?

Please keep us posted,

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.