Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shayden4
Channel Surfer

12.5 Game Mode on Roku TV

I’ve been having that glitch when I auto low latency mode usually just stays on game mode when I go into a game but it’s been shuttering. I would like to get fixed sooner rather than later I mean, if you go to like saying say HDMI the shutters, not there, but I can’t get 4K on there But as long as I keep it off, it’s not gonna affect me Thank you and I really hope this gets fixed in the next update

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shayden4,

A warm greeting from the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku TV. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? When did the issue start?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shayden4
Channel Surfer

when I have Game mode on without auto low latency it pretty dumb but when I click off of it on Xbox it just flickers as long as I don’t have auto low latency on and just game mode on it doesn’t flicker I hope that this helps and it gets solved soon

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Shayden4

Have you tried performing a system restart on your Roku device as a basic troubleshooting step to see any improvements with the current issue you've encountered? Also, what Roku OS version is your Roku device, and what specific device are you having issues with?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shayden4
Channel Surfer

I’m on 12.5 pretty sure I tried that, but I’ll try that again when went I get home on the 31

0 Kudos
Shayden4
Channel Surfer

As you know I have 12.5.0  and my Roku game mode bug still persist also I don’t exactly remember what day it started it just started randomly although I hope it get resolved sooner rather than later, thank you and thank you for listening to what I’ve been dealing with. I can still game but it’s just frustrating when it’s shutters and everything. Thank you and good luck on this bug

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Recent update broke Game Mode on Roku TV

Hi @Shayden4,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku TV's game mode. We suggest that you keep Auto Low Latency Mode on, for it is designed to minimize input lag and provide gamers with a smoother and more responsive gaming experience. By automatically detecting when a game is being played, ALLM optimizes the display's settings to reduce input lag and improve the gaming experience. You can check out this support article for more details on why there is a delay with video gameplay when I connect my Roku wireless audio device to my Roku TV.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shayden4
Channel Surfer

IMG_1494.jpeg

Thank you but as you know when I go into a game with auto low latency on it shutters and by the way, I’m on 12.5.0 I don’t think this is anything new I’m not for sure what’s going on honestly, and I don’t wanna leave it on with game shuttering I’ve tried unplugging my TV for about a minute I I don’t really wanna have it on in case that seizure inducing I just really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later, and next update or bug fix lot of people have been getting game mode fixed in this update, I’ve tried everything streaming is fine. The gaming is a bit frustrating. Hope this bug gets fixed sooner rather than later, 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shayden4,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We appreciate you sharing your device information, and we're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. In the meantime, can you please provide us the additional information for the investigation to our appropriate team.

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Shayden4
Channel Surfer

IMG_1495.jpeg

I hope this can help and help the shattering when I put auto low latency on model g925x  Timestamp 2024-01-05t21:44567 issue ID GG-007-064

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.