Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBakos
Reel Rookie

12.5.5 has broken favorites for OTA channels

After the recent 12.5.5 update, all of my Favorites were erased. After re-adding my Favorites (again) some of the channels appear out of order. For example, when adding favorites,  channel 2.1 appears before channel 2.2 as it should. But when selecting Favorites  from the sidebar, channel 2.2 appears before channel 2.1. And Favorites still can’t be selected as the default. It always reverts back to All Channels. 
TCL Model 43S455

Software: 12.5.5 (build 4174-CG)

11 REPLIES 11
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: 12.5.5 has broken favorites for OTA channels

Same frustrating situation here. OTA Favorites vanished, so had to once again, go through and add each one individually, only to find some OUT OF ORDER!!  Why must we endure one mess like this after another?
Why don't some basic features just work as they should?   smh

0 Kudos
Bene
Channel Surfer

I have the same glitch from the update. I suspect it to be fixed when favorites moves to the top. Not soon.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

Thank you for flagging us about this, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

In this case, we'll need reinforcement from the concerned team, and we'll need your help.

Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

This will help our team look further into this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisBakos
Reel Rookie

Roku device model: 43S455
serial number: X01200LJR15L
device ID S0JNH2DJR15L
software OS/version: 12.5.5 build 4174-CG
Tracker ID: 5L-051-992
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ChrisBakos,

I appreciate the update!

We will handle this information and ensure that we post updates here regarding the outcome.

Many thanks, 
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thevdoguy
Reel Rookie

I have provided a post on this default "favorites" problem as well as others. Yet no one from Roku has responded until this post. It is NOT just one persons problem. It is everyone's. FIX the favorites and the default issues!!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @thevdoguy,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration with regard to this issue, and this is not what we aim for. We'd love to further investigate this issue. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? When did the issue start? May we know what Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisBakos
Reel Rookie

Roku device model: 43S455
serial number: X01200LJR15L
device ID S0JNH2DJR15L
software OS/version: 12.5.5 build 4174-CG
Tracker ID: 5L-051-992

The out of order channels isssue started with 12.5.5. The Favorites as default issue has been ongoing since system 10. 
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChrisBakos,

Thanks for keeping us posted, and we're sorry for the delay in our solution to this.

In addition, we'd also like to know if you see any additional channel that is out of order, and could you please share it along with its channel name? In addition, we might also need your zip code.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.