Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratfancy
Reel Rookie

Why private listening??? Isn't this the same as bluetooth listening?

Jump to solution

I'm confused about the  new Roku remote that allows private listening.  Why would anyone need this?  I just choose sound from my TV to go through whatever bluetooth speakers/earbuds I choose.  The goal is that only you can hear the sound, not other people in the room.  So why does anyone need a Roku remote to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why private listening??? Isn't this the same as bluetooth listening?

Jump to solution

Not all TVs support Bluetooth devices.  If yours does, it's probably better to use it over private listening since the latter eats remote batteries.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Not all TVs support Bluetooth devices.  If yours does, it's probably better to use it over private listening since the latter eats remote batteries.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
1111GD1111
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why? Because even with hearing aids my hearing is very poor. Plugging in a headset into Roku remote is a godsend for me! Unfortunately,  I can't figure out how to keep the sound coming through the TV speakers at the same time. I do not have a smart TV, only a 50" plasma that just won't die!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.