Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

"Coach" on Roku channel issue

Has anyone noticed picture quality issues with 'Coach' on the Roku channel?  I mean really really bad and unwatchable like, for example, if it was on 244p and no loading up to 480p or 720p(as an example).  It's NOT my internet & other shows are fine on the Roku app.  It's this one show best I can tell.  I stopped trying to watch it after clicking on random episodes on the first 3 seasons.   They need to fix it.

0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

Re: "Coach" on Roku channel issue

I'm having the same problem while watching Coach. Someone else on a different thread had posted about this too. One of the techs did answer and gave a couple of suggestions: uninstalling then reinstalling the Roku channel or, if that didn't work, then uninstalling the Roku channel, restart the Roku device, then re-install the Roku channel. I tried both suggestions, but it didn't do any good. I'm VERY close to just purchasing the series on DVD. 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

that's a b.s. reply when they do that - it's ONE show and other shows are fine.  That means they don't care to fix it or don't know or both.  They suck. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005 @BeeCee2,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you raising this issue and performing the troubleshooting process provided. 

May we know on what specific episode did the issue occur? 

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Can't stream shows on Roku Ultra

I wanted to watch Coach but every time I clicked on Play S1 | E1 the screen changed to say loading but goes almost immediately back to where it was.

Tried it with 2 Broke Girls. Tried it Bones. None of them play. For Coach and 2 Broke Girls Roku is the only way to stream it without buying.

I have tried unplugging the power but that doesn't help. I know it has an internet connection my phone is connected to it.

0 Kudos
BeeCee2
Channel Surfer

Hi, Carly:

I'll answer your question the same way I answered Chel when asked:

Every episode, every season of "Coach" is pixelated. 

I tried all of the suggestions given to me:

Uninstall, then reinstall the Roku channel....didn't work.

Uninstall the Roku channel, restart the Roku device, then reinstall the Roku channel...didn't work. 

I sent Chel the tracking issue screenshots of both of my Roku devices as requested to aid in solving the problem. 

It's been almost a week since the pixelation of "Coach" began, and the issue is still there. Not just for me, but also for other customers as well. The other programs on the Roku channel are fine...just "Coach" is pixelated. 

PLEASE fix this! I've given all the info that I have, and I've tried each suggestion given. I've pretty much given up in getting an answer...I've ordered the DVDs.

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Read BeeCee2's response.  She explained it better than I did & I'm the one that started the complaint.  The problem still exist.  Get on a tv or laptop & look for yourself & stop asking questions and fix it.  Thanx

0 Kudos
MissMarple60
Reel Rookie

Just weighing in for community support.  Yes, ALL Coach issues are unwatchable.  I have 4 TVs, one of them a Roku Smart TV, and I'm seeing this on all of them.  No issues with internet and it doesn't appear that any of the suggestions by Roku work.  This is internal to Roku - please fix ASAP.  Thanks!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't stream shows on Roku Ultra

Hi @MNHarris,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we know what app/channel you are trying to stream the Coach series? In addition, when did this issue occur?

With more information from you, we will be able to provide you an accurate resolution possible.

We'll wait for your update!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@MissMarple60-

Well, it's probably internal to whoever is supplying Coach to Roku, but we do have to go through Roku to get any action.

In a spotcheck I've done of the first episode in each of Coach's 9 seasons on The Roku Channel, I find that only Season 9 seems to play normally.   Everything else plays at such a low bitrate that it is nearly unwatchable.

@RokuCarly @RokuDanny-R and any other Roku moderators....   Please kick this upstairs to someone who can get this resolved with whatever source you are using for the Coach episodes.

... AND REPORT back so we know this is not being ignored.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X