Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jw6828
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

I have been having the same problem for a month.  I got a month free when I emailed them, it seem to have a problem just sometimes before they started the new "Live" junk, and last week it worked twice before quitting again.  I think I will discontinue the service if now fixed this week.  They blame it on Roku but all the other streaming services I use are fine.

I found a way to get in most of the time.  On the Roku screen ,goto search and type the name of a program you want to watch. (I use my computer to look first).  Then I get an icon that bypassed the Britbox menu (where I think the problem comes from) and pick my show.  So far this has worked for me.  It is sad that they just keep pushing sales type things at us when they cannot even get the main menu to work.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SusanGoolsbee @jw6828,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the channel playback issue with Britbox.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. At this time I do not have any information that I can provide. However, once more details are available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nope20
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary
 issue is with Britbox app

model 5318x - Roku Tv

software v 11.0.0 build 4193-13

issue id 06-470-398

britbox app ver 3.0 build 644.

Hope this helps the others.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BritBox won't load properly

Hi @Nope20,

Thanks for sharing the details here.

I can see that @RokuKariza-D already forwarded your information to our appropriate Roku team for investigation. We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jalex98
Reel Rookie

Re: Britbox crashing to home screen

I am having the same issue. This does not happen with my other streaming channels on my Roku TV, they work fine.

I have done all the troubleshooting tips, including resetting to factory settings.....several times.

I have contacted Britbox, and they said it has been resolved with their latest update,  but it won't go into effect until Roku implements that update. They called the issue the "Roku Kick-out" issue.

Do you know when Roku will implement Britbox's latest update?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jalex98,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RNF
Reel Rookie

Roku TV 5410X

Insignia Model # NS-24DR220NA18

Serial # 2N004P272227

Device ID APW774272227

Software version 11.0.0 •build 4193-20

Britbox version 3.0 build 644
Issue report tracker: 27-473-707

0 Kudos
jalex98
Reel Rookie

Here is my info:

Roku TV 5405x 
Insignia Model #NS-32DR310NA17
Serial #2NOOE4065058
software version 11.0, Build 4193-20
Device ID 6UV67E065058

It happens only on Britbox
Britbox Version/build version 3.0, build 644

Issue Tracker ID 58-473-396
Timestamp 2022-11-25T17:56:35Z

I have pictures of the following steps, if needed.
Steps when I try to us the channel:
1. Click on channel
2. Britbox opening logo
3. spinning circle for a few seconds
4. Britbox home screen with banner only, rest of screen  blank...maybe 30 seconds
5. Flashes "Britbox Live Continuous" across screen
6. App closes and takes me to main Roku screen
0 Kudos
feedup
Reel Rookie

Good luck trying to cancel, I canceled an annual subscription this morning, because Britbox is useless to me if I can't get into it.  Received an e-mail stating my subscription was canceled successfully but I could continue to watch until Aug 2023 lol,  no refund, I can't get in so how can I watch.  Britbox claims a fix for the problem has been done and released but has no idea when Roku will launch it on their platform as they have to test everything before releasing.  I have been trying for weeks to actually reach someone at Roku about this issue, but have been unsuccessful in finding a way to reach Roku directly, if anyone has a number I sure would appreciate you sharing it with me.  I am beyond my limit with both companies at the moment.  I want to watch the shows I have started on Britbox and I do not want watch on my computer and I shouldn't have to but if I don't I have just wasted money. Never again will I get a annual subscription with anyone, burnt once but not twice.

0 Kudos
Louis_Nenda
Streaming Star

BritBox crashes on TCL Roku TV

Searching around it appears that the Roku BritBox application is trouble-prone but I have not found this specific problem.

This is on a 28" TCL Roku TV, model 28S3750. Roku firmware is version 11.0.0 Build 493. BritBox application is version 3.0 Build 644.

What happens is that when BritBox is selected, the channel initially comes up to its menu across the top and an otherwise blank screen where the programming selections would appear. It sits there for about 30-35 seconds this way and then BritBox crashes and the TV returns to the home screen. (This problem does not occur on a standalone Roku Express 3710X box we have connected to an older TV set.)

We've tried cold-booting the TV of course,  tried removing and reinstalling the BritBox channel, ran the channel's update, and cleared the Roku cache and 

None of these steps have made any difference. BritBox still crashes. Has anyone else here experienced this problem and found a solution?

0 Kudos