Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Britbox crashing to home screen

Hi @Stewmeat1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
AKW
Reel Rookie

Re: not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

Device: Roku TV 5120X TCL 32S3750

Serial: 2N006E345914

Device ID: 5MK046345914

Software OS: 11.0.0 Build 4193-08

Tracker ID: 14-447-818

Started 1-2 weeks ago, happens when I click on BritBox channel, it gets as far as partially loading the BritBox home screen and then fails and returns to the Roku home screen

I saw the response to an earlier poster about OS version, so I manually had it search for updates. It said my device is up to date (last update date shows as May of this year) and didn't update the OS.

RNF
Reel Rookie

Britbox crashing to home screen

We are experiencing issue when accessing thru Britbox channel on Roku TV, but not thru Roku channel. 
We do are not getting an error code/message. 

0 Kudos
markmonday

Re: not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

Same thing happening to me. I did all the recommended system & channel restarts & searches for updates, but nothing changes.

1. Roku TV 5315X, Insignia model NS-39DR510NA17, Serial number 2N00C6091690, Device ID 6Y465C091690, Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-12
  2. Only occurs on this channel
  3. Tracker number 90-448-495
  4. After choosing BritBox, Roku goes to Britbox homepage for a few seconds (partially loads), "BritBox Live Continuous" pops up briefly, then I'm kicked back to Roku homepage.
  5. I'm using the BritBox app that I installed on Roku TV

It was mentioned in an earlier post that a user was still on OS 11.0 and the reply suggested a manual software update. I tried that and the message was that all software is up to date. If the problem is that an update is needed, how else can I get it?

0 Kudos
Nope20
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

I’m using a Sharp Roku TV.

serial # 2N000S292505

soft. 11.0.0 build 4193-13

device Id 7E46D0292506

roku tv 5318X

only app crashing is Britbox. 
I have manually updated app and Roku software. Last update was in June 2022.

App crashes about 43 secs after opening. Not account issue. Able to access app on iPhone.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Britbox crashing to home screen

Hi @RNF,

Thanks for following up and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

@AKW @markmonday @Nope20

Thanks for providing us with your details.

I have forwarded them to the appropriate Roku team to investigate this issue further. Once we have an update, we'll make sure to post it in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
aab001
Reel Rookie

BritBox won't load properly

I've read the blog and on-line posts.  Britox had been working and last week, it suddenly stopped.  Britbox has directed users to ROKU and ROKU has directing users to Britbox.  I have a valid annual subscription to Britbox (not through ROKU).  My ROKU device was last updated on 11/06 (which is when Britbox stopped working).  I have removed/reinstalled the app (like other user it isn't asking me sign back in), I have reset/restarted my modem and my ROKU TV.  It seems very way too coincidental that the app stopped working when my ROKU was updated (the app works on my Fire TV).  This problem seems to be happening to a number of users and none of the answers seem to correct the problem.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BritBox won't load properly

Hi @aab001,

Thanks for posting to Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
aab001
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox won't load properly

Hello, Mary:

I thought I had psoted this reply yesterday, but I can't seem ot find it.  The following is the infomration you have requested:

• Roku device model: Insignia Model NS- 32DR420NA16
  • Serial number: 2N00ED582689
  • Device ID: 44353E582689
  • Software OS/version: 11.0.0  Build 4194-12
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel: Britbox (for an app, not from the ROKU channel) – Version 3.- + Build 644
  • Tracker ID:  89-449-391
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message?: It won’t load past the selection bar on the initial screen (just like everyone else is complaining about)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Please see my original post
0 Kudos