Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcrocke

genessis scince network doesn't play allthe way through

i have roku tv  and i went and got a new box and still have the same problem it wants to play then reloads back to start of the app or what i call the home page please help it plays for a half a second  ON Genesis Science Network it is the only one we have a problem with thank you please fix

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: genessis scince network doesn't play allthe way through

The content provider/creator will probably have to fix it.  See this thread.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: genessis scince network doesn't play allthe way through

@lcrocke-

The Roku channel app for Genesis Science Network was created using Roku's Direct Publisher software.

Roku is discontinuing the Direct Publisher system in January 2024. Since July 12, No new channels are being accepted via Direct Publisher and developers are being given six months to convert their apps to the new system which replaces Direct Publisher before all Direct Publisher apps will be taken down in January.

Roku Direct Publisher sunset announcement: https://blog.roku.com/developer/rdp-sunset

Meanwhile, something has changed in Roku's Direct Publisher system, as many Direct Publisher apps are reporting similar problems in loading content.

BOTTOM LINE:
There's nothing you can do at your end to fix or get around this. Roku has to fix whatever problem they've introduced to the Direct Publisher system, or Genesis Science Network needs to convert to the new system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X