Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geilcourt
Reel Rookie

Re: accessing Fox Nation via as a Roku added channel

We're approaching two months now, and this issue is still broken.

Paying for a year of Fox Nation, then finding it's out of service for two months is unacceptable.

Obviously, if we continue like this, many of us will give up. But there's no way we'll renew the subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @geilcourt,

From the Roku Community, greetings and thanks for the updates!
We are aware that you are experiencing issues with the Fox Nation channel. We would be pleased to help you further, but first, we need some details about this problem. Would you kindly supply the data listed below?

• What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages?
  • Is this the only channel where you're having issues?

We will be able to help you even more if you provide specific information.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geilcourt
Reel Rookie

I've returned my original email address to the one I started Roku with (in case it's Fox Nation that's not recognizing my email address).

I've reset the Roku to factory 3 times now, each time in the hope it will connect correctly to Roku and communicate the right information. It does come back automatically including the Fox Nation channel, but it's always the same issue. The Fox Nation channel cannot be deleted, because there's a current subscription. However, it will not let me pass through, because it's not recognizing there's a current subscription. As soon as you start it up, it wants me to pay for a monthly or annual subscription. So I click on the link for those with an account, but the login and password always fail (evidently, this login is really for those who have a subscription directly with Fox Nation, not those with it through Roku).

If I click on the * (asterisk) there's no option to remove the channel, only to stop auto-renewal (because there's an active subscription).

Yes, this is the only channel with which I'm having issues.

Thanks, geilcourt

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @geilcourt,

Thanks for the response!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. We appreciate you taking some troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest contacting Fox Nation's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with accessing the channel.

You can reach them here: Fox Nation Support

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geilcourt
Reel Rookie

Hello,
Yes, I tried this and on a chat session with Fox Nation, they advised me to get help from Roku.
I'm stuck in the middle here, with nothing working.
(You're sending me to Fox Nation, and they're sending me to Roku.)

Could you please organize a refund?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @geilcourt,

Thanks for the post,

In this situation, it would be best to reach out to the Roku account and billing team for direct assistance. They have dedicated support channels, including email, chat, and phone support, to help customers in your situation. You can contact them by visiting https://support.roku.com/contactus and choosing the option for "Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geilcourt
Reel Rookie

Re: accessing Fox Nation via as a Roku added channel [FIXED]

SUCCESS!

Roku fixed this situation; associate Jake suggested resetting the password in the Fox Nation App (Duh! My account is with Roku, NOT Fox Nation).

That's a good move, but it didn't recognize any of my email addresses (roku@****.com was my roku email).

However, going to FoxNation.com, there was a login from my OLD Fox Nation account from last year, with a "foxnation@***.com" email address.

Upon resetting the foxnation email address, and then entering that (non-roku!) email address, the Roku App Fox Nation did indeed let me in to Fox Nation!

Well, it's nuts, of course, because Roku shouldn't be involved with my old FoxNation account (I never gave that email address to Roku). So perhaps somehow Fox Nation messed this up by merging the new Roku subscription with my old FoxNation subscription (these are supposed to be separate)?

Like I say, this doesn't make sense, but the Roku help tech helped to fix this quite quickly. Kudos to Jake!

Thanks! I think Jake even extended my membership somewhat, since I'd be out of action for over a month.

0 Kudos