Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing Fox Nation via as a Roku added channel

I signed up for Fox Nation and want to watch it on my TV. I subscribe to Sling but can't stream it on Sling. Instead, I added Fox Nation as a channel on Roku. When I tried to sign in (can't sign in with a TV Provider), the menu won't accept my Roku email or password. I've tried putting in my Fox Nation email and password, no dice. Can anyone help me with this, why the Fox Nation channel won't accept my Roku email and password? Thanks.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: accessing Fox Nation via as a Roku added channel

You never, ever, use your Roku email and password to log into any channel/app (unless you use the same email and password everywhere which is really, really not advised).  The only place you use your Roku credentials is on the Roku website or the Roku app on your phone/tablet.

If your Fox Nation email/password aren't working then you need to contact them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Al_S
Binge Watcher

@renojim,

Respectfully, that's a dodge.  I'll explain.  My credentials work everywhere:  Web, phone app, Amazon Fire Stick.  All except Roku.  Roku is ignoring what now appears to be a growing list of users who are experiencing the same exact issue.

I posted and am seeing a lot of users commenting on the posting "FoxNation not accepting credentials"

I add the Fox Nation app.  I login with the user name/password that was used for the subscription - NOT Roku credentials.  That scenario works everywhere EXCEPT on Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Al_S, sorry, not trying to dodge anything, but Roku has absolutely nothing to do with how the Fox Nation app works on the Roku platform.  Only the developer (Fox News) can fix it.  If Roku had to fix every poor developer's code they wouldn't have time for anything else.

0 Kudos
Al_S
Binge Watcher

@renojim,

Except that the app that is sourced by Fox Nation, works on the iPhone app, Amazon Firestick and web.  Can't fix what isn't broke.  What IS broke however is Roku's platform.  Every other means of streaming works.

Tell me how this is the problem of the app provider.  Roku's tech support is abysmal also.  They have their scripted solutions to things that a competent individual can perform anyway.  Check the messages.  There are way more than me that is having this problem.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Al_S, you can't compare an app on one platform with one on another.  The Roku platform is vastly different than Android or iOS or any web "app".  Sorry, you're just not going to get Roku to fix Fox's app.

0 Kudos
Al_S
Binge Watcher

I don't know (and perhaps you don't either since you say you don't work for Roku) if the Fox Nation app is exclusive to one particular platform.  It could be - I'm not sure - that platform developers have an app from the content provider (this case Fox Nation) that is common to all platforms and used as an SDK.  If so, it IS the responsibility of the platform to ensure it works as designed.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Al_S, I'm not a Roku employee, but I am a developer, so I'm intimately familiar with what it takes to create a Roku app.  They use their own programming language that you won't find anywhere else (except on BrightSign devices).

Hopefully Roku sees all the complaints here about Fox Nation and several other apps and reports back to the developers of those apps, but I don't know if they do.  I do know that I've received the occasional/rare email about one of my apps and even had one briefly removed from the Channel Store because it was crashing, but I'm small potatoes compared to Fox and very easy to track down.  So we're stuck with the question of whether Roku has contacted Fox and Fox has ignored them or whether Roku hasn't contacted them at all.  Either way, it's still up to Fox to fix whatever's wrong.

In this case it appears the app isn't crashing, it just doesn't work properly, so Fox may have no idea that there's a problem.  Crashes are logged and developers can access those logs, but not working properly?  The developer may have no idea.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Al_S,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern and information from this and the other thread to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. Once more information is available, we will update this thread.
We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything further we can do to help, and we'll continue assisting you at any time. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Al_S
Binge Watcher

Seems that Roku was compelled enough to fix their platform allowing Fox Nation's app.

0 Kudos