Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sirius6
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube app interface change loses functionality

Jump to solution

Agreed.  For me the biggest problem is my playlists are now completely unusable because instead of a grid it's just a linear list.  It's impossible for me to find what I am looking for.  If they don't fix it I am cancelling my premium subscription because that was primarily how I used YouTube.

0 Kudos
WiseGuy

Jump to solution

Found a quick hack to getting the playlist I want to the top  Go on your phone and find the playlist you want to view and edit the name of the playlist to start with "0"... And then close and reopen the YouTube app on Roku, then that playlist will show up on top of the alphabetized list.

0 Kudos
Sirius6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's great.  But I don't even use my playlists anymore.  They are now useless because I have over 150 items in them and it's impossible to scroll down to find what I want.  Google destroyed the functionality and apparently they don't care.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have read that some people are doing that, changing playlists they want on top to something like "001_Playlist Title", "002_Playlist Title", etc., and while that's a partial workaround, it's extra unnecessary work and it's still functionality loss, since before the interface change, it would automatically bump the most recently changed or modified playlists to the top.

0 Kudos
rprebel

Jump to solution

They seem to have continued their campaign of making everything worse. Now they've removed the alternate rows in the movies section. All that's left is the Top Selling row. No more recommendations based on actors or genres, and nothing to indicate what's currently on sale. I've bought several movies that were marked down, but now I have no idea how to find them from within the app.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Make sure you complain to Google. They own YouTube and provide the YT app for the different streaming platforms. They are the ones messing up the user interface. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Catlady53

Jump to solution

July 2024, it has changed again.  Where are the like, dislike and settings buttons

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users.

We acknowledge your updates regarding the changes on the YouTube channel. It's important to note that channel management on Roku is handled directly by the channel providers. We do not have control over the changes and updates made to the channel.

You may want to share this with the channel provider if you need more help. You can contact them at Contact Us - YouTube.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.