Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellen0809

YouTube TV Live doesn’t display content

Jump to solution

I have a Roku streaming box connected to a Vizio TV. Only recently, When I select the YouTube TV app it loads and shows all of the appropriate menu options. I can play back recorded content. My problem is when I select to go to Live shows. I can see the menu of channels but when I select a program to watch, the screen is black with no sound. I have tried unplugging the Roku device. There does t seem to be a software upgrade available. Any other troubleshooting ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV Live doesn’t display content

Jump to solution

Hi, @ellen0809 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern in the Community, and we'd be happy to assist you regarding the issue you have encountered with YouTube TV. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to address it.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash
Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ellen0809 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern in the Community, and we'd be happy to assist you regarding the issue you have encountered with YouTube TV. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to address it.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash
Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This did not work for us, I have contacted YouTube tv support and they are not if any assistance.

Any other options?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @jyaroshfamily.

Thanks for performing the troubleshooting steps suggested above. We'd be happy to provide further information about this. 

Before proceeding, can you please confirm if this is the only app you are having this issue with? If so, did your device recently receive any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue? 

In addition, please be informed that most content on the Roku streaming platform, including the YouTube app, is managed and maintained independently by the channel provider. We highly recommend coordinating this directly with the other Support team for further assistance. 

You may reach them here: YouTube TV Support

In the meantime, you can try highlighting the YouTube TV channel tile and pressing the star (*) button on your remote to update it. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.