Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catcarson

Re: Why is channel 741 (The Walking Dead Universe) in Spanish?

Sometimes its in English, and then it will switch mid episode to spanish. I speak Spanish. But perfer the original actors choices as dubs are always **bleep**. You don't get the same intensity etc . It's annoying.

Catcarson

I second this. There isn't a way to switch it back to english

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Catcarson,

Thank you for the additional information, and greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to investigate this issue further. Could you provide us with a video clip or photo of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Paris2
Reel Rookie

I believe most, if not all of us complaining are using a Roku device, and watching the Roku app.  The Walking Dead Universe station (English version) is now showing The Walking Dead.  It appears that the first two seasons go back and forth from Spanish to English audio without any of us doing anything to make this happen.  Just now I am watching Season 2, Episode 8.  It started off in English until after the 2nd commercial break.  Now they're all speaking Spanish.  I'm continuing to watch (even though I don't speak a lick of Spanish) because I know that in another episode or two it will go back to English.  It seems the problem resolves after the 3rd season and everyone is speaking English throughout the series.  But this just started happening this month when Fear The Walking Dead ended on 1/31 and The Walking Dead started on 2/1.  

B_W1
Reel Rookie

I woke up to Spanish.. checked all the same things and everything points to English yet it's in Spanish. 

Not only that,  but it's only amc the walking dead universe channel 741. What's up? Anyone figured out a fix for this? 

JeremR
Channel Surfer

Was in english & right at the climax in S3 e2, comes back from commercial & its spanish 🤬 Bamanos

On roku ch 741, 

B_W1
Reel Rookie

I'm not exactly a developer yet but it seems to be an interference from elsewhere.  Maybe hacked.  Since the commercials and all other English speaking shows aren't doing it,  it seems more likely than not.  I hope someone is working on this,  like as we speak.  

TriaWillow
Binge Watcher

I've been watching for two months now, Fear the Walking Dead was fine. But this is the second time that they've gone through the cycle season 1 to the end and both times from season 1 to season 4 not sure which episode it continues to play in Spanish and then switches to English for the rest of the episodes. Crazy! It's like Roku got a good deal on buying some footage of The Walking Dead and they got banboozled with the first four seasons in Spanish 🤣 what's going on Roku?

TriaWillow
Binge Watcher

I would like to supply you with a clip but there's nowhere here where it will allow somebody to add a clip. Taking a picture isn't going to show you how it's being spoken in Spanish

0 Kudos
TriaWillow
Binge Watcher

Hopefully it'll be in all English again in about 12 hours once it gets into season 3 a good bit. And Hopefully Roku you will have this fixed before TWD starts over again. My two years in Spanish in HS didn't prepare me for this😂 help!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.