Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philymac55

Re: Why is channel 741 (The Walking Dead Universe) in Spanish?

Same!!! S2 E6 is now Spanish. It was strange. S2 E4 started in Spanish. After about 5 minutes it changed back to English. All the commercials are in English. Getting tired of it. May have to cancel Roku!!!

How come the Roku people aren't giving us an answer?  This is crazy. 

JeremR
Channel Surfer

Couple episodes later it's back in english & zombie 

toddar
Channel Surfer

Later seasons seemed to be okay was hoping it was fixed.  But now back into the middle of season 3 and it's happening again.  Will this be going on all month?  Roku doesn't seem to care.  Maybe AMC does.

NolaStarr
Channel Surfer

RIGHT! This is so very frustrating! We get teased with an episode in English sprinkled in the line-up, but then the next 7 are back to Spanish. If I’m not wrong, I think there is a Spanish version of this Channel as well. If so, I’m sure they’re not dealing with 8o% of their programming switching to English! Can someone address the issue & rectify it ASAP!?! I just canceled my AMC+ subscription 🙂 Not. to mention that it should be in English for Pizza Sake! 

NolaStarr
Channel Surfer

I was right Channel 1003 is the “Spanish Channel”. Well, I guess now there are 2 Spanish channels for the Walking Dead Universe! 

NolaStarr
Channel Surfer

I visited the “help center” on this site and reached a rep via chat. Perhaps more of you can do the same. Even though I was informed that the issue is being escalated to the powers that be, it can’t hurt to have more people file a complaint and have the issue escalated a few more times. Thanks guys! 

NolaStarr
Channel Surfer

I think contacting the help center actually helped! I just went to check the channel not thinking they’d be able to rectify so very quickly, but perhaps they could. The episode that is on right now was in Spanish a minute or so ago & now it’s in English. I guess I’ll know for sure when the next episode comes on. Well, I’m gonna go capitalize on the situation and watch some WD & actually understand what they’re saying  🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼    I guess I’ll know for sure when the next episode begins! Hopefully the English sticks!!! 

NolaStarr
Channel Surfer

Maybe NOT… Back to Spanish! This is ridiculous!!! Where can I “press 1” (for English, press 1)? Also, Darryl’s Dpanish voice doesn’t not suit him at all. Most of them don’t, but his is sooo out there! 

Paris2
Reel Rookie

I did a comment below that I was having the same issues.  As of today, still not fixed.  It's extremely frustrating when you turn to an English speaking channel to have some episodes in Spanish with no option to translate it to English.  I love The Walking Dead series, and knew I had to figure out some kind of answer.  I'll probably get booted for this comment, but Roku is not the only app that has Walking Dead Universe.  Both Plex and Pluto also have the station - in English!  (There's probably more, but those are the two apps that I've been watching this week.) They are about a season behind what Roku is showing, but at least it's consistently in English.  So since Roku doesn't seem to want to fix the Spanish speaking episodes issue, then we can always use other apps.  I am.