Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nut11
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does Netflix keep stopping / freezing on Roku?

This issue has been reported a year ago and still no answer. Terrible support from Roku.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Nut11

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Meyer2018

I am using a Roku device not the TV and having this as an on going issue. I’ve tried the recommended steps of removal and reset and it hasn’t worked for me either. My Roku device in our other room the Netflix works just fine. 

0 Kudos
NetflixBlows
Channel Surfer

All I have to do is hit the reverse or forward button twice in a row and Netflix freezes and crashes.

I have updated my Roku I have reset the router I have performed every single troubleshooting step multiple times.

This is clearly a bug in the software I can make it happen whenever I want but it’s super annoying because it means I can ever skip around what I’m watching.

In addition Netflix will just stop working randomly whereas the other streaming services do not. I get over 400 Mb per second on my Wi-Fi it’s been tested.

clearly either the Netflix app or the Roku firmware need to be updated but this issue has yet to be addressed

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Meyer2018 @NetflixBlows

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Firstly, please ensure that when you removed the Netflix channel, you will restart your Roku device first via the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart before reinstalling. If you have tried that and the issue persists, provide us the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NetflixBlows
Channel Surfer

I had already taken the steps you suggested before multiple times. I’m running a Roku 4K with the latest operating system. I’m not about to provide anybody my unique identifiers. It should not be relevant to this problem.

0 Kudos
nota4n1
Reel Rookie

My only discovered solution to ROKU freezing was to replace the ROKU TV.

BAM!

No more freezing of Netflix!!

0 Kudos
NetflixBlows
Channel Surfer

It’s funny you mention that. I have a Kodi box built on a raspberry pie and it runs the Netflix plug-in and I don’t have that problem.

maybe ditching Roku is the only way to go. There’s always the Android TV and Linux base streaming boxes. 

0 Kudos
SeanMc123
Reel Rookie

I have a TCL tv doing the same thing. Do you think its the TCL TV that is the root of the problem

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SeanMc123,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
3. Are you being prompted with an error message?
4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos