Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen when playing show on W Network (a channel on Global) but commercials play fine.

I live in Delta, BC Canada. I was trying to watch Days of Our Lives on W network and lately when I watch the commercials they play fine, but when it goes back to the actual show...the screen goes white...I can hear the voices of the actors and the closed caption plays fine but the picture is like they are all in a snow storm. Total white out. When it goes to commercial...they play absolutely fine...both picture and sound. Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: White screen when playing show on W Network (a channel on Global) but commercials play fine.

Hi @melodyworobec,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing an issue while streaming, and allow us to provide you with assistance. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

Once performed, kindly check to see if you notice any difference. Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.