Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

24p not working on Netflix properly - STUTTERING.

I went away from Roku a few years ago as I had stuttering on the Netflix App with the auto frame rate switching feature just simply not working on Netflix.

I saw that the Ultra now supports VISION/ATMOS so picked up a new Ultra to go with LGC1 tv.

However watching Season 2 Episode 1 of Top Boy on Netflix Top Tier Package - 4k -  stuttering is horrible - is this the same issue from 2/3 years ago ?

Was it never fixed ?

Or am I missing something very simple ?

Dave

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: 24p not working on Netflix properly - STUTTERING.

Sounds to me like you have buffering issues which is why you say it stuttering. Buffering is due to slow Internet speed. How fast is your Internet? Run a check connection test on your Roku and see what your Internet speed is. You can find that under the network settings

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@whiteswan1231 

1) NF is still framerate locked to 60Hz (so the "Auto adjust display refresh rate" setting does not apply)

2) The Ultra/Ultra LT (4800/4801) and SS4K/+ (3820/3821) all support DV/DA, so you arent limited to just the Ultra if you want DV/DA.

3) You need to make sure your C1 has the latest firmware version (03.25.25):  Settings/General/About This TV/Check For Updates

4) Disable "Real Cinema" in your C1 settings:  Settings/Picture/Picture Mode Settings/Picture Options/True Motion/Custom De-Judder = 0 , De-Blur = 0 (Enabling True Motion disables Real Cinema, and setting Custom with both to 0 disables TrueMotion - this is necessary for some picture modes like DV which do not allow disabling of Real Cinema)

0 Kudos
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

Nope - I have 1 gig dload and 60 upload - absolutely not buffering.

Dave

0 Kudos
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

Are you saying I wont get the judder issue if I use a different Roku Player ? Or will they all do this ?

C1 on latest firmware - will try the settings you suggest and will report back - thank you for taking the time to reply.

Dave

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Run a check connection test on your Roku. See what your Roku itself is getting for speeds. Explain what you mean about stuttering 

0 Kudos
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

Hi 

Internet download speed shows as 190 Mbps on Roku itself

maybe stuttering is the wrong way to describe it - more of a judder - especially on panning scenes - near the beginning of top boy season 2 episode 1 at exactly 17 mins on netflix there is a scene where the camera pans across a skyline with tower blocks and then down onto a car - the car looks like it is "missing" frames - when it is driving along.

both the atmos and dolby vision are enabled on this show and both flags are shown on the episode infp.

Dave

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@whiteswan1231  Is it only happening on that particular show? From my understanding the Roku Ultra is limited to 10/100. Have you tried other shoes? Something not in 4K? Is it only happening on Netflix?

0 Kudos
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

the roku is only limited to 100 if hardwired - the ultra is connected wirelessly.

it's not just that show - but that is one example.

i know this problem existed a few years ago - but assumed it was fixed by now.

Dave

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@whiteswan1231  Is it happening on other channels? Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max and others? I have Netflix and use it all the time with zero issues across all my devices. Understand that Roku also does not develop 90% of the channels available. Netflix develops the Netflix channel 

0 Kudos