Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Weird Al Yankovic commercial sequence

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your feedback regarding the commercial and ads. We'll make sure to pass this on to the team for review, as we always aim to provide a better streaming experience. 

Thank you so much for your input. Your satisfaction is valuable to us.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
mljackson1269
Channel Surfer

Please let me know when this annoying commercial is taken down because I might give Roku another try, meanwhile I have removed all Roku channels from my Live TV input and just use antenna for local television and use Pluto, Peacock, Tubi, Freevee and others. Roku is not an necessity anymore others have just as good or better content without all the annoyance. Thank you.

History101
Channel Surfer

BS, pure BS. After all the cut and paste canned responses from your robostaff, this rings VERY hollow. I've personally moved on from Roku, since you folks show so little concern or responsiveness to your customers, not to mention just plain old bad taste. Handled in the classic style of Communist bureaucrats.

Texconsin
Streaming Star

My favorite show of the day is War Room on RAV.  I missed 90% of the first 90 minutes today, because I mute the commercials, but don't notice they're over until Steve Bannon is about to say, "we're taking a short break."  It's bad enough that free tv is full of product placement DURING the shows (Birch Gold, survivalist meals, prescription drugs with prescriptions from an online bot, etc.), but then to go to Roku's pukey Weird Al and Martha Stewart ads...that's too much and I've uninstalled Roku from my Fire TV Cube...PERMANENTLY.  As bad as Pluto TV is, tech-wise, it doesn't require an airline barf bag every 5 minutes!!!

RichardLipshay
Reel Rookie

Weird Al was tiresome back at the very height of his popularity…and the Commercial Appeal for his sophomoric humor has long since passed. 
Worse….is having to listen to month after month of a completely obnoxious/tone dead…not deaf…but tone dead-monotone recitation of songs from other artists.

PLEASE end the Weird Al Commercials.

Snk

STOP STOP STOP this ugliest man ugliest mustache with zero talent awful movie “Weird Al” **bleep**! Stop this commercial! Have Roku CEO watch the WEIRD Al

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the repeated commercial sequence and the frustration it has caused. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Murdock1
Channel Surfer

Heres something y'all can do is cease with those lame ass Weird Al and what's her name has been Martha Stewart..Easy STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

J.C.H.